Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

2011 Aston Martin DBS Carbon Black Edition Correction by Richie's Custom Detailing

Old 09-26-2011, 02:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Richie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud of
2011 Aston Martin DBS Carbon Black Edition Correction by Richie's Custom Detailing

I was contacted by Aston Martin N.A. to restore the finish on this unique 1 0f 1 2011 Carbon Black Edition DBS w/ manual transmission. This car was built specifically for the CEO of Aston Martin Dr. Ulrich Bez to drive while in Monterey and he commissioned the car to be built with a manual transmission. The car was not originally slated to be sold to the public, but Dr. Bez was able to procure a One-77 so this DBS was placed into the dealer port stock.

For those wondering why I was contacted by Aston Martin N.A. regarding this car, here's the story.

The customer purchased this DBS from his local dealer in South Florida and asked the dealer to bring in a professional detailer to prep his new car. The dealer called in the guy they normally use for their special cars. In a nutshell their so called professional detailer destroyed the finish of this fine automobile.

Unsatisfied with the appearance of his new $300K car the owner contacts the dealer and explains how unhappy he is. The Southeast Warranty Rep contacts me and asks if I would be willing to travel to South Florida to restore the finish on this DBS. He has seen the work I've done for my local dealer and was confident in my abilities to restore this beauty to its former glory.

Pricing was discussed, hotel arrangements were made and I was off to South Florida.

Upon arrival at the owner's home I could see why he was unhappy. I could see the holograms and swirls while it was in the garage without any lighting. I don't know what the other detailer used on this finish but I hope they do not let him near another fine auto such as this.

After a thorough wash and decon the true condition of the finish was revealed.

Onto the pics.

After the wash.

Hood 50/50 shots.

More defects.

Before.

After.

Before.

After.

Deck lid 50/50's

Passenger rear quarter before.

After.

A pillar before.

50/50.

The scenic drive on the way back to the hotel on day two.

Last edited by Richie Carbone; 09-26-2011 at 02:04 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Richie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud of

Interior pic.

Finally the after shots.

The sun was not cooperating and it had rained earlier that day and was threatening to rain again.

Last edited by Richie Carbone; 09-26-2011 at 02:05 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Insman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the rough
Great job, the other guy should be shot...

Old 09-27-2011, 12:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
South Florida is full of bad detailers. What that guy did to a brand new car is shocking.

If you know who did that work, please please PM me so I don't fall into that trap.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
Great job, I see the owner likes black cars

Old 09-27-2011, 01:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Speed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond repute
Truly a thing of Beauty now you guys cleaned it up.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:07 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
No "Hyperbole" Richie has done more than 170 Aston Correction/details over the last three years and this DBS is number 25 or 26 I believe.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:32 PM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Lucci Elite Detail is on a distinguished roadLucci Elite Detail is on a distinguished roadLucci Elite Detail is on a distinguished roadLucci Elite Detail is on a distinguished roadLucci Elite Detail is on a distinguished roadLucci Elite Detail is on a distinguished road
Looks amazing Richie, those 50/50 shots are epic!

Old 09-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Thanks for the responses guys!

Old 10-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished road
I freaking love this car!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 Aston Martin DBS Carbon Black Edition Correction by Richie's Custom Detailing