Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

95 Hour Detail by Oakes - BMW M5

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 03:16 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
FLY996 is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome job. I saw a newer M3 recently and could not believe the amount of orange peel.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Teamspeed Member
Oakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really nice
Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by Auto Concierge
Outstanding................(even though I said so on Autopia earlier lol).
I appreciate it twice as much! haha, thanks!

Originally Posted by FLY996
Awesome job. I saw a newer M3 recently and could not believe the amount of orange peel.
Thank you! I find a lot of the M cars to have worse peel than the standard models

Old 09-22-2011, 11:44 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Oakes

I find a lot of the M cars to have worse peel than the standard models

I agree. I own a 2002 325i, which has almost no peel at all. Don't know what it is, but a lot of new M cars I see at dealerships have peel everywhere. You'd think it'd be the opposite, wouldn't you?

Old 09-23-2011, 05:22 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome job! This M5 is ready to show off its shiny blue paint around town now.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Teamspeed Member
depthofshine is on a distinguished roaddepthofshine is on a distinguished roaddepthofshine is on a distinguished roaddepthofshine is on a distinguished roaddepthofshine is on a distinguished roaddepthofshine is on a distinguished road
Great work i like these threads, you are brave starting with 1000 and finishing with 3000 were there any flatting marks left over under strip lights?

I normally hand blocked 2000 then DA 3000 and finish 4000 with mirka abralon

Old 09-25-2011, 11:47 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by depthofshine
Great work i like these threads, you are brave starting with 1000 and finishing with 3000 were there any flatting marks left over under strip lights?

I normally hand blocked 2000 then DA 3000 and finish 4000 with mirka abralon

I agree!, Mirks 4000 finishes the job perfectly.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Beautiful. Perfect work.

Out of curiosity why did you post the pics before the CQuartz? Do you feel CQuartz enhanced the finish or just added protection?

Old 09-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Teamspeed Member
Oakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really nice
The purpose of the pictures before the Cquartz is to show the paint was infact perfect and defect free. As with most last step protection, the product can lightly fill or mask any defects that may have been in the paint. Thus enhancing it.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Very good. Is orange peel removal always a multi-day effort or would it take less on a new BMW?

Old 09-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Teamspeed Member
all depends on the size of the vehicle and how severe it is. If you're on the car straight through it would still be a multi day ordeal if theres just one person on the car.

Quick Reply: 95 Hour Detail by Oakes - BMW M5