Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Restoration for 1996 Porsche C4S

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 12:15 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
Restoration for 1996 Porsche C4S

Just completed, this car was purchased recently by a new client who heard about me through Moe @ Glistening Perfection in Aliso Viejo(Thank you Moe...) and his new to him car was in real bad shape, that being said it had the "Bones" of a good car and would eventually require 91 hours to restore the vehicle to a very nice condition.
The vehicle as it arrived to the shop.

Dried out by UV rays the trim was in awful shape.

Peek at the wheel wells which later would be a horrific and time consuming task.

Start of the 2.5 hour de-con/wash step.

Dirty jambs.

"Un-tightness.

Even though it was a "Wheels off" correction I made a pass with Sonax.

Time to strip the finish.

Iron X made a tough job a little easier.

Heavy LSP present.

LSP removed.

Door jamb hinges cleaned.

Cleaning in every crevice.

After the wash, the car was brought back into the shop and all turn signals/headlights/ tailights were dis-assembled.

Seats removed.

Tailights/filler cap removed.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
Readings from the wing, good to go for the correction.

Readings taken with DFT on the metal parts of the car.

Time to correct the finish, initial 50/50's during compounding stage.

Cowl area before.

After initial hit of compounding.

Wing was in bad shape, note dull reflection of halogen bulb.

Reverse angle.

Entire wing corrected.

Heavy wool pad compounding.

Right rear quarter before.

After.

Before.

After.

Dried out paint.

Took a break from paint correction as I had to clean the wheels which were sent out for repair/painting. The heavy dirt would later turn out to be "Slurry seal" which was on the wheels and entire wheel well area.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:20 AM
Cleaness...............

A gift from the body shop........

Corrected.

Before.

After.

More "Body shop gifts".

After compounding step.

More sand scratches, with deep tracers.

After.

Before.

After.

Reverse angle of hood.

Entire hood corrected.

Deep RIDS.

After.

50/50 of lower rocker.

Deep marring.

After.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:23 AM
Dry trim paint.

After.

Built up dirt in the leading edge of factory clear film.

After.

Cleaned in the tailight housing.

While seats were out I steam cleaned those areas.

Even though nobody will probably see this part of the seat.......................

Front bumper turnsignal housings cleaned.

Correcting tailights after re-installation.

Lugs needed some help.....

Much better after some "Wurth's" was used in the re-spray.

Polishing stage.

On to the "Horror" of wheel wells covered in baked on for 10 years plus slurry seal.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:25 AM
Before.

After.

"As bad as you want........".

Making progress.

What can you say...............over 14 hours to get the crud comepletly off.

Before.

After.

Engine pics.

Trunk area.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:28 AM
"Home stretch".................

Interior was very clean(Compared to the exterior) so no before shots needed.

Clean glass.

Pic of the owner documenting "Certified tightness".

Painting the lugs made a big difference.

Long day..............happy client who is passionate about his "New Porsche".

Old 07-09-2011, 12:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. Just....wow. Amazing work yet again, Bob. Although I have most of the gadgets and gizmos to do a detail myself, I just couldn't take it to that level. Hope to be able to use your services one day.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Now that is attention to detail. I really like the fact that you cleaned under the seats, despite the fact that it will never be noticed.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:45 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
My all time favorite Porsche body style generation.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:49 AM
MrD
Teamspeed Senior Member
MrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant future
this is sick.... great great job....
if I may ask.. how much does a job like this cost?? i have no idea and I am totally curious about it.
thanks..

Quick Reply: Restoration for 1996 Porsche C4S