Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

2011 Porsche GT3RS Correction @ Sharkwerks

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 12:53 PM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
2011 Porsche GT3RS Correction @ Sharkwerks

Called in to bring back the condition of this GT3RS after it had went on the "One lap of America" rally, the owner obviously enjoys the car as intended and was "A little dirty"............ dealt with many issues such as marred paint, sticker removal off the clear-film(Not fun) and centerlock HRE's which dirty and baked like a cookies in the oven (lol).

Vehicle as I began the work.

Uber tech James of Sharkwerks removing the centerlocks.

As I could not wash(Transmission was out and vehicle was stuck on the rack)utilized my handy "Low pressure washer".

As I was busy during this week I had a detailer who I worked with @ East Bay BMW in the 90's help me that day (Jaime).

This was a new clay bar when I started.

Jaime utilizing my steamer in the wheel wells.

Engine bay cleaning.

Marring on the passenger door clearfilm caused by the sticker application.

Correcting marring on film is no "Day at the beach" , it would take close to two hours to gently remove the marring on the film.

Deep marring on the rear bumper.

Defects compounded out.

Deep marring on rear bumper.

Defects corrected.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
Removed the wing to correct the marring on the top side of the engine decklid.

Corrected finish after compounding.

Wing corrected of all marring.

Wheels had tar/dirt and stuck on pieces of "R" compound tire from the various track events the car took part of.

Clean wheels once again.

Dust and dirt got into every crevice, so the tailights were removed and inside the housing cleaned.

Re-installation of the lights.

After the transmission and other upgrades Sharkwerks installed were completed I brought the car to my shop (Down the street literally) to free up space on thier rack and finished the job in my facility.

Trunk cleaned and all plastic dressed to a matte finish.

My usual "Clean keyhole " pic, for some reason Porsche keyholes get grease build up I just do not see in other makes I work on.

Engine bay "Tightness".

Interior that is "All business".

Old 06-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Every tight area had to be cleaned as the windows must have been down for some of the "Track events" as dust got everywhere!!.

Carbon seat shells polished.

Lightweight pull straps to open the door......Porsche tighness.

All finished.

"Sun pics".

Tires were not dressed as the client is going on other track events in the coming weeks.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:11 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing looking car.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond reputeThisFlyGuy has a reputation beyond repute
great work. sick car!

Old 06-25-2011, 05:43 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Bob amazing work as always!!!!!

Old 06-25-2011, 08:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant future
Amazing job guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love your work!!!!
I really wish we had detailers like you in Bahrain

Old 06-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by SL55K
Amazing job guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love your work!!!!
I really wish we had detailers like you in Bahrain

There are three or four top correction guys off the top of my head in Britain you could bring in Jayplay/Depth of shine of course Paul Dalton and Clark @ Polished Bliss.......would not be cheap but if you want that level of quality....

Old 06-26-2011, 02:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
and then it rained...

nice work

Old 06-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Great work. Love this color combo.

Quick Reply: 2011 Porsche GT3RS Correction @ Sharkwerks