Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

2004 BMW M3 - Severly Neglected - Oakes Detail

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Teamspeed Member
Oakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really nice
2004 BMW M3 - Severly Neglected - Oakes Detail

This BMW M3 Convertible was purchased the day I detailed it, and driven straight from Baltimore, MD all the way to my temporary Horsham, PA location. Only to make a return trip back to it's home in Washington, DC

Let me just say, I would not like to know the previous owner's maintenance habits. With that said, the car had my work cut out for me already. The prep process took up a matter of almost 3 full hours, being so heavily contaminated, it required a few passes of aggressive clay - much against my desire. The interior had been too far neglected and the gray leather took on an appearance of grime and grunginess. The paint most certainly experienced a life of automated car washes and severe lack of proper detailing, however for 80+k miles, it certainly held up well for the most part.

I spent a total of 22 hours on this vehicle, almost straight through as well, taking up most of my weekend. However, the final result certainly paid off and the new happy owner certainly made it all worth while, now for the visual proof!

The vehicle as it arrived, for an assumed short stay that turned into a weekend long slumber party!

Contamination After First Clay pass:

Side Vent Before/After:

Reverse Sensor Before/After:

Interior Before Photos:

Interior After Photos:

Paint Condition Before Correction:

50/50 Photos:

Corrected Paint Photos, inside and out:

Old 04-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Teamspeed Member
Oakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really nice
Reflection and "artsy" Pics:

Finished Profile photos of the vehicle!

Hope you enjoyed it as much as I have... Feedback always welcome!

-Oakes

Old 04-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Job well done!

Old 04-02-2011, 01:08 AM
SAB
Teamspeed Pro
SAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond reputeSAB has a reputation beyond repute
Nice.

Dove was the worst interior color BMW ever came up with.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:23 AM
Ian
Teamspeed Member
Ian has a spectacular aura aboutIan has a spectacular aura aboutIan has a spectacular aura aboutIan has a spectacular aura aboutIan has a spectacular aura aboutIan has a spectacular aura aboutIan has a spectacular aura aboutIan has a spectacular aura aboutIan has a spectacular aura aboutIan has a spectacular aura aboutIan has a spectacular aura about
It must be great to see your customers' faces when they pick up their cars

Old 04-02-2011, 07:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
wow that car was dirty... Nice job!

Old 04-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Teamspeed Member
Thanks everyone! The reactions I receive are always an added bonus!

Old 04-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice job as always!

Old 04-13-2011, 11:03 AM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
I bet the owner was thrilled.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant future
Nice work, brought that M back to life.

Quick Reply: 2004 BMW M3 - Severly Neglected - Oakes Detail