Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Porsche 911 faded beauty restored...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Teamspeed Member
Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Porsche 911 faded beauty restored...

Hi all!

This was a referral from one of my Lamborghini customers (his new Superlegerra detail is coming soon ). Just like the customer who referred him to me, this guys is extremely meticulous about his cars and literally likes to keep them in mint, hospital-clean condition. He just bought this car used, so it was in need of a little beautification to make it the car he's always wanted. The condition of the paint wasn't too bad, but you could immediately tell that it had never been waxed and that the color was just lifeless. After speaking to the new, proud owner about the options, we decided to go for a one-step polish. Depending on the car and how often the customer uses it, I usually try and assure them that a one-step polishing is absolutely enough to remove most of the scratches, restore gloss and bring the finish back to life. Honestly I really don't see a whole lot of sense in hunting down every single little tiny scratch and making the finish of a DD absolutely perfect. If I do a one-step on the car, I can make the finish look stunning despite the deeper scratches, but this also leaves me plenty of paint to work with in the future because with a 1-step I usually only take off 3-5 microns. This makes both the customer's and my life much easier . On to the detail >>

I didn't take a ton of pictures before the detail, but I think these few are more than enough to show you the condition of the car before.

50/50 test spot on the front wing. The first combo I went with was the best one, which was Wolf's WP-3N and a polishing pad via B. Diddy (my Dodo Juice Buff Daddy has decided to change his name )

The back spoiler before, done with Wolf's WP-3N and finishing pad with rotary. I switched to a finishing pad for the rotary for this part instead of a polishing pad.

After (upper and first rib completed)

Still some deeper scratches if you look closely, but we left those alone :thumb:

The interior was cleaned with Wolf's WT-1N @ 1:10 dilution for the carpets and 1:20 for the leather and all leather was dressed with WL-1N leather conditioner. Wheels cleaned with WP-1N wheel cleaner and tires dressed with WO-1N Tire and Trim Dressing. LSP for today was Wolf's WP-0NT nano sealant.

New badges installed

UP NEXT:

A trip to Croatia to detail a 47 foot Atlantis...

Thanks for reading and to all the Playboy subscribers, thanks for "reading"!

- Jesse O'Connor

Last edited by Clever Nickname; 03-12-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
great job... The trip sounds like fun~

Old 03-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Teamspeed Member
Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by C Money
great job... The trip sounds like fun~
Thanks Money! It was definitely a trip to remember... 47 ft. of boat is a lot to polish...

Old 03-13-2011, 10:11 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
About time you posted Jesse, I was thinking we needed "Proof of life" there in Hungary.

Car looks great!!.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:16 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Jesse! Where you been mate!

Old 03-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Auto Concierge
About time you posted Jesse, I was thinking we needed "Proof of life" there in Hungary.

I'm still here, buddy! I've just been utilizing the dead season for the new business... lots to do!

Car looks great!!.
Originally Posted by DJ
Jesse! Where you been mate!
I'm back Darren! More to come, I promise

Old 03-14-2011, 03:27 PM
sal
Teamspeed Senior Member
sal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant future
Awesome job Jesse! You definitely made that car shine. I can't wait to see some pictures of the boat. I can't imagine how long it took if you had to polish the whole thing.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
Great work! Very cool you detail boats as well!

Old 03-15-2011, 02:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
slik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura about
A mestermű! It looks like you had to go underground to do this one. Must be one of those black-on-black vampire 911's that can't go out in daylight. It's hard to take photos under those conditions, but it looks great. Top notch job as usual.