Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Want to start a detailing business

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 11:49 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
SL%% is on a distinguished roadSL%% is on a distinguished roadSL%% is on a distinguished roadSL%% is on a distinguished road
Want to start a detailing business

Hi everyone, I hope I can get some tips and help regarding on where can I learn on how to do detailing. Am planning to open a shop but I don't know where to start. I'll be honest, I don't have the skills yet but I was hoping if anyone here can help me or suggest a site where at least I can start and have an idea where to begin. Thanks for the help

Old 02-28-2011, 12:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
POWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond repute
If you dont know how to detail, a shop is a long ways down the road for you. Best bet is buy some products and start on your on cars then venture out..

Old 02-28-2011, 12:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Go to college.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
Go to work for detailing shop for about 2 years and learn everything there is to know about detailing cars and running a detailing business. At night go to Business School since it is a business and you will have to understand how run one. I am assuming you would like to make a profit. Take a few Economic classes. Marketing classes would be helpful also since you will have learn how to let people know you exist. Save your money and hope you can get a loan to start your "business". Other then that not much. I am sure others here can add more to this list. And oh yeah... GL.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Go get some used, but decent body panels from a junk yard to practice on.

Watch the videos on autogeek.net and follow along with your own tools. Work on the panels before you touch a car. washing, drying, claying, polishing, waxing, cutting, etc...

Also, realize the starting tools and materials will cost a handsome sum- polisher, pads, towels, clay, cleaners, all the various liquid products

If you want to do high-end cars, you will need to be insured and have your name tied to someone with a reputation in order to get your feet wet.

It is an art and a business where only the best of the best survive.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
silversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
It is an art and a business where only the best of the best survive.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Also check out detailingbliss.com & detailingworld.co.uk, their are a lot of great detailing business owners that can give a lot of helpful information. On detailing bliss they even have a sub forum about starting a detailing business and the neccessary supplies & documentation listed.