Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Glistening Perfection Microfiber Towel Promotion

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nerual
Great, need new towels. Those drying towels look like the ones we already use and they are awesome. PM incoming!
Thanks..got the order and it'll ship today.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
miboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond repute
Moe,

Sent you a PM....thanks for the special deal.

How do you wash the sheepskin mitts? What else can you wash with them? I don't want to throw them in the washer by themselves...seems like a waste of water....

Do you use the microfiber detergent on the wash mitts?

How many wash cycles will all these towels and mitts last?

Thanks

Old 04-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
nerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by miboxer96
How do you wash the sheepskin mitts? What else can you wash with them? I don't want to throw them in the washer by themselves...seems like a waste of water....

Here's how I do it, hopefully Moe will let me know if I'm wrong:

I do 2 loads of laundry after a wash, the mitts and any towels that are not soiled and dirty (so, wax removal, drying, etc) go in one wash, then the towels that have dirt go in a separate load. Either way they're washed with a gentle detergent, no fabric softener! As for towels lasting, mine get discarded due to being filthy or just lost with all those socks that go missing long before I've ever seen one fall apart. I'd say once every year or so I add some more towels to the total stock, because I'm pretty picky about not re-using a dirty towel on paint.

Last edited by nerual; 04-24-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
miboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond repute
Here's how I do it, hopefully Moe will let me know if I'm wrong:

I do 2 loads of laundry after a wash, the mitts and any towels that are not soiled and dirty (so, wax removal, drying, etc) go in one wash, then the towels that have dirt go in a separate load. Either way they're washed with a gentle detergent, no fabric softener! As for towels lasting, mine get discarded due to being filthy or just lost with all those socks that go missing long before I've ever seen one fall apart. I'd say once every year or so I add some more towels to the total stock, because I'm pretty picky about not re-using a dirty towel on paint.

Thanks Lauren,

I always thought that you only wash microfiber with microfiber because you didn't want any lint on the towels.

But nevertheless....Guess we should wait for Moe to chime in.

I never use fabric softener, so I got that part...funny thing, my girlfriend refuses to fold or touch the microfiber because she hates the feel of them. Thinks it feels like styrofoam....

Also, I need some new mitts because I mistakenly let my girlfriend and daughter use my mitts to wash the GF's car. I walked out of the garage, and there were scrubbing down the tires with my sheepskin mitts.....DOH!!!

Cheers

Old 04-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
nerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the rough
Thanks Lauren,

I always thought that you only wash microfiber with microfiber because you didn't want any lint on the towels.
Hmm. They don't seem lint-y to me, but...why would that matter? If I'm OK with rubbing the wash mitt all over the car anyway, would the fluff from it being on the towel make a difference? Does the presence of soft, fluffy sheepskin lint cause the towel to perform poorly? Anyway I usually use a microfiber wash mitt so I guess I've avoided that issue.

Old 04-24-2008, 04:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Hmm. They don't seem lint-y to me, but...why would that matter? If I'm OK with rubbing the wash mitt all over the car anyway, would the fluff from it being on the towel make a difference? Does the presence of soft, fluffy sheepskin lint cause the towel to perform poorly? Anyway I usually use a microfiber wash mitt so I guess I've avoided that issue.
True..True, but I heard it somewhere on the Intraweb, so it must be right.

Old 04-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
True..True, but I heard it somewhere on the Intraweb, so it must be right.
Now my curiosity is piqued, we'll have to wait for Moe to weigh in.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry folks, I just got home from detailing. My assistant isn't in this week and I'm handling all the product side of the biz and the service. Man I need more Moes around..

OK..the questions about washing the mitts. I personally chuck them after 30 washes. It may seem like a waste, but at $7.50 a mitt, I won't take the risk of over-using them. For you guys at home, just rinsing them out after each use is more than enough. They shouldn't really get all that dirty to begin with. My technique for washing is simple: Dunk, wash, rinse, and repeat.

Dunk: I dunk the mitt in my soap bucket
Wash: I wash a small section like half the hood and the fender
Rinse: I rinse the mitt with water and rinse the area I just washed
Repeat...

This may seem like a chore, but by doing this method, I always have a clean soap bucket and my mitt is always clean too not dragging dirt on the paint. After a few washes, it becomes second nature. I rinse the car after each small section because I flush off the soap and all the dirt that is loose. If you don't do this, by the time you're on the other side of the car, your beginning side is dry with the dirty soap and now you have another problem on your hands.

As far as washing microfibers, simple. Like neural mentioned, no fabric softeners, bleach, or powder detergent. The bleach wears down the fabric quickly, the fabric softener clogs the fine fibers, and the powder detergents never break down all the way. Hence why we use MicroRestore. An added boost to further clean the towels is to about 1/2 cup of vinegar to each load. The vinegar further breaks down the polish, wax, cleaners, etc. in the microfiber leaving it very clean.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Moe,

Sent you a PM....thanks for the special deal.

Thanks
The microfiber towels should easily last a year or more depending on how often they're used and washed. Obviously, the more towels you have the less often you wash and the longer they'll keep. I recommed at least 24 towels to get your collection started.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Last day for this promotion; got new stock of towels ready to ship.

Quick Reply: Glistening Perfection Microfiber Towel Promotion