Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Subaru STi Revisted for a maintenance detail + some new correction

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 02:08 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Subaru STi Revisted for a maintenance detail + some new correction

I did this car during the winter and the owner brought it back for a maintenance detail.

Paint correction was performed only on part of the hood and the entire trunk section.

Section taped off for spot correction. While in service it looks like paper towel was used to remove a smudge, thankfully I think they got the smudge out :applause:

Before M105 and 106FA

After

Closeup with no extra lighting before

After

The last time I did this car it had wing, the owner since then bought a wingless trunk and it had never been corrected.

Some of the damage ...

Adhesive residue and etching

Scracthes

Used 3M adhesive remover to try to get rid of the old adhesive, most of which was too baked to come off

Onto correction

Before

Used M105, Powerfinish and 106FA for correction with both rotary and DA machines

A few sunshots after IPA wipes and before LSP

No more wing residue

LSP: Powerlock
Wheels: Rejex

Old 09-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about95RogueM3 has a spectacular aura about
I am surprised M105 worked so well on the Subaru paint. I have yet to detail mine, but most everyone seems to say that anything stronger than SIP is going to create intense marring.

What pad did you use with the M105?

Thanks!