Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Smoke Detailed - Carbon Black M3 back for more Gloss!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 08:55 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Smoke Detailed - Carbon Black M3 back for more Gloss!

E46 M3 in for a complete detail minus paint correction. This car got full correction earlier this year and since then the owner has done a tremendous job keeping the car swirl free using a proper 2 bucket wash method and quality microfiber towels.

I always tell my customers the first detail is the most extensive and from there on out (with proper care) only light maintenance is needed, this car is proof of that :thumb:

The goal this time around was to prep the car and get it well protected for winter. I apologize for the lack of step by step pictures in this writeup, with more cars coming and going I dont always have the time to document each step or even get a writeup together at all.

Started with the CSL wheels using Sonax applied to the wheel dry and let it sit for 10 minutes, I get to work cleaning when the gel turns BLOOD RED, not just pink. After rinsing tar spots were removed using Tardis and the tires and wheel wells were degreased and scrubbed clean of old dressing.

Car beading nicely in the rain...

Car was gently clayed using Sonus green clay and then 4 or so IPA wipedowns were done to make sure all prior protection was full stripped.

Quick check under the LED, almost zero swirls on the finish, time for protection.

Applying Menzerna powerlock by machine, first of 2 coats

Glass coating applied to windshield and left to cure

Several hours after powerlock I applied Collinite 915 wax, first coat on day one and second coat the following morning. Wheels treated with Rejex for protection

915 is one of only a couple waxes that I own, it looks really nice but it is an absolute pain to apply properly without caking up. This wax cures hard and relatively fast but its durability is outstanding hence why I used it. Oh and wear gloves when applying this stuff unless you want your palms to bead water... this isnt me being sarcastic, it actually happens :shakehead:

All cured and ready to be removed

The interior is kept in great shape just a light cleaning of the leather followed by conditioning plus all plastics trim and carpet were tidied up. End result a very matte natural look, just what I like.

All exterior plastic trim, tires, wheel wells, exhaust etc. was dressed and cleaned as needed.

Some finished shots outside

Close up of the carbon black

Back inside for the final wipedown using distilled water.

Refection off hood

Thanks for looking

Old 08-27-2010, 09:19 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Carbon over Cinnamon = yumm!

Car looks spotless, Smoke! Great work.

Old 08-27-2010, 05:07 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
WOW!!!

the car looks just stunning!!

well done!

btw,..the rear braking discs look a bit tired,..

Old 08-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Thank you both!

Old 08-30-2010, 02:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Bling Bling shiny

Old 08-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Cyprus16M
Bling Bling shiny
Nicely put! Thanks brotha