Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Blue Painter's Tape?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Blue Painter's Tape?

Hi detailing guys! I'm taking my 2004 Chrysler Crossfire on a road trip from Minneapolis, MN to Seattle, WA in a few weeks and was wondering about the merits of painters tape for protecting my paint. I'm not the kind of guy that spends a lot of time washing, waxing, polishing, etc and my car does have a few rock chips already, but I'd like to avoid getting more chips if possible.

So, the question is: is painters tape a viable option to protect my car or should I just put up with the possibility of the few extra rock chips and bug guts gallore?

Side-note: If I do use painters tape, I'd likely cover my entire car so I can write messages like "Tits or GTFO" all over my car. To ricey? Or genius?

Old 07-21-2010, 09:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Forget the tape bro... use this

Just rub it on and wash it of when you get to town, and I am not kid'n

Old 07-21-2010, 09:22 AM
Teamspeed Member
Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by GrayTT

How's that help with rock chips, Hani? Or is it just for a film to protect from bugs?

Old 07-21-2010, 09:26 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Use the stuff Hani suggestd in conjunction with this stuff and you will be fine

Old 07-21-2010, 09:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
When the stuff hardens it will protect the car from bugs and small stones… just like painter tape. Only it is easier to put on, take off, and does not start to fly of at speed, oh wait Alex is in a Crossfire so the speed thing is not important

Oh and Clever, sorry about dropping the ball with regards to Bahrain... things got ugly and work was really demanding

Old 07-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute

That will strip the wax off.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
When the stuff hardens it will protect the car from bugs and small stones… just like painter tape. Only it is easier to put on, take off, and does not start to fly of at speed, oh wait Alex is in a Crossfire so the speed thing is not important
Ouch buddy! Unfortunately, I don't have to be going too fast to get a ticket from Johnny Law-man around these parts.

On second thought, I just found out my dad has a 200 ft roll of 3M clear-bra material lying around at the office. Looks like I'll be giving that a try.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:55 AM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Forget the 3M, use the painters tape, write all over the damn thing. Genius does not even begin to approach that. Have some fun, be weird, go nuts. Why not?

Old 07-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
edbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond repute

12/2002 driving back from Kuwait to bahrain in an LC, front fully covered in soap, just as we got to Bu Hadria it started raining and the soap foamed up all the way to the wind shield, what was a 4 hour drive turned into an 11 hour headache.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by edbhr
12/2002 driving back from Kuwait to bahrain in an LC, front fully covered in soap, just as we got to Bu Hadria it started raining and the soap foamed up all the way to the wind shield, what was a 4 hour drive turned into an 11 hour headache.

Yeah, driving across the midwest, rain at some point in nearly certain.

Quick Reply: Blue Painter's Tape?