Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Black 996 Turbo in from Canada for a mini restoration detail!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 11:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Black 996 Turbo in from Canada for a mini restoration detail!

2003 Porsche 996 Turbo came down from Canada for a full correction. Overall this was one of the most extensive corrections I have done.

Initial condition, filthy as expected... a 650 mile road trip has its downside

Car has Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, Fikse wheels and PCCB's (gen 1)

Prep consisted of a thorough pressure wash of the entire exterior followed by foaming with a citrus soap.

After a few minutes the foam

Wheels were cleaned using only soap and water, no wheel cleaners should ever be used on carbon ceramic brakes... not that you really need to as they dont generate very much break dust

Before moving onto a 2 bucket wash I sprayed the car down with Opt. powerclean to loosen up whatever surface grime was left. While this sat I agitated all the trim pieces, crevices and badges

Also treated the front bumper with surf city road grim destroyer to breakdown all the big splatter

Car was washed and then clayed. Before taping it up I gave it a thorough IPA wipedown.

Onto correction...

Cleaning up the compounding haze

Difference in clarity

Before

After

Before

After (when the car was finished)

Old 05-26-2010, 11:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Close up after compounding

After

50/50 on the roof

Top corrected, bottom untouched

After

Tails before

After

After careful jeweling, zero haze left behind viewed under the TK40 Fenix (630 lumens compared to 240 in the TK10/11 I used to use)

Finish after all correction steps, zero LSP

Interior was in decent shape, leather was cleaned and conditioned. All trim pieces cleaned and protected with 303, carpets protected with 303 fabric guard

After

Fikse wheels unfortunately had sever etching on the lips and inner barrels, nothing could be done without causing further damage but they cleaned up moderately well

50/50

After

Old 05-26-2010, 11:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dressed the trim with my patented application system also known as a foam stick :gidiup:

Finished product...

The clouds wouldnt break for some sun bursts unfortunately

Back inside for a second coat of powerlock and finishing touches

Hood reflection

I love this shot

Owner came by taxi to collect his car at 6pm...

Here is how she looked just before taking the trek back to Canada, yes some may say its ridiculous to drive the car home after a detail but in reality it will only get dirty. The 7 years of abuse and defects which accumulated arent coming back anytime soon, especially not after 1 road trip.

After 31hrs and 2 very late nights (or very early mornings you could say) the car was looking as it should. The owner drove to DetailersDomain imediately after to pick up a ton of stuff to maintain the car including grit guard buckets, gentle shampoo, mitts, tire dressing etc. Makes me happy to see someone go home with a perfect car and get all the essential things to keep it looking that way.

This was a long one and I thank you for letting me share. I think you will enjoy the next one as well, its black as well but it is not a Porsche :thumb:

I will leave you with a video walkaround...

YouTube - Street Dreams Detail - Porsche Turbo Revival

Old 05-27-2010, 12:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Jeez....the skills of a professional detailer never cease to amaze me. Great work as usual. I have a bunch of new stuff coming from Phil@DD including my first foray into polishing: Flex 3401. I'm hoping I can come close to ^^^......

What are you using to polish the taillights?

Old 05-27-2010, 12:08 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
wow, unreal buddy!

Old 05-27-2010, 12:10 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
The before and after are night and day. Great work Smoke.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:19 AM
sal
Teamspeed Senior Member
sal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant future
I love the a black detailed car. These are definitely my favorite threads, and as always, you guys did any incredible job on the car. It looks perfect!

Old 05-28-2010, 12:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Dave!

I cant thank you enough for the work you put into her. You were a class act from the minute I called you to the second I left after I picked up the car.

Some may think im crazy for driving her all that way to see Dave, but believe me when I tell you, it was well worth it...and then some...

The car is in better shape than ever Dave. I had to wipe off a few thousands bugs when I got home to Montreal lol but thats why I bought her.

In all seriousness, anyone considering a detail should get in contact with Dave. Especially if you live within a 6 hours drive LOL. He is the real deal.

Thanks again dave! See you next year
Dan

Old 05-29-2010, 01:37 PM
Teamspeed Member
AcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura aboutAcuraMDX has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar
Dave!

I cant thank you enough for the work you put into her. You were a class act from the minute I called you to the second I left after I picked up the car.

Some may think im crazy for driving her all that way to see Dave, but believe me when I tell you, it was well worth it...and then some...

The car is in better shape than ever Dave. I had to wipe off a few thousands bugs when I got home to Montreal lol but thats why I bought her.

In all seriousness, anyone considering a detail should get in contact with Dave. Especially if you live within a 6 hours drive LOL. He is the real deal.

Dan
Awesome work and can't wait to see the car around Montreal !

Old 05-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Stunning work dave! Keep it up!

Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar
Dave!

Dan
Gorgeous car Dan, im pretty sure I've seen you driving around Montreal before! Now that you got it professionally detailed you need some beautiful pictures to show of your ride!

Quick Reply: Black 996 Turbo in from Canada for a mini restoration detail!