Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

550 Jet Black "Nightmare"

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Teamspeed Member
Envious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enough
550 Jet Black "Nightmare"

BMW 550 Jet Black
“Nightmare”

Here is a Jet black BMW that was tricky to deal with during the detail. One side corrected in about 1hr45min, and the other side took over 3 hours to clean up the same. I cant tell you what the car has been through, but one fender cleaned up super easy and then the hood and door didn’t, one side was rock hard needing multiple rounds of compounding to clear up while the other needed just one.

Process on this car went like this:
ONR wash
Chemical Guys Diablo wheel gel
Megs blue clay with last touch
PFW/105 @1400
Green uber/203/spd 6
ONR wash
Blackfire Wet Diamond
Chemical guys extreme wet on tires
M21 on wheels
Megs glass cleaner
Megs 34 final inspection on jambs
Excel detail towels throughout

Before shots – The horror!
I’ll take you around the car as I walked around it…shaking my head the entire time!

DEEP scratches that were reduced and blended, but not removed completely

Apparently this car had some spot scratch repair

Old 12-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Teamspeed Member
Envious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enough
Now here is a walk around from front left fender counter clockwise

Old 12-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Teamspeed Member

Next up is the clay process and what was really on the paint!

And this is the size section all that junk came out from:

Contaminated much?
Here is a piece of megs blue clay I tried using but it wasn’t getting the overspray, the deeper dirt and debris:

Here is a split shot for the test section

A mid detail before and after shot:

And after (the deep scratches mentioned above)

About lunch time I was offered this scrumptious meal:

Old 12-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Teamspeed Member
Back to work and with me fighting the time factor (12 hours), here are the after shots all said and done. I would put this car at about 90% and not bad for what I could get out with a solid two step process.