Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Smoke: Bentley GT paint correction

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Smoke: Bentley GT paint correction

2005 Bentley GT: Daily driver

Booked for 2 day full paint correction + winter protection

Started off with the wheels and tires. P21s gel, S&R on the inner barrels

Before

After

The car hadnt been washed in a few weeks and was fairly dirty, in this situation I much prefer to do a nice sudsy wash but with the freezing weather and snow in the forecast I opted to use ONR instead. I must say I am more impressed with ONR each time I use it, especially for situations such as this.

After a quick pass using ONR, I rinsed my mitt every panel

Dried the car off best I could outside but the rain came so I pulled it in the garage to finish drying and the rest of the prep work

Blow dried the grill, wheels and jambs

Cleaned up the doorjambs with APC 20:1 and then sealed them with Optiseal, havent used this product before and I figured this would be a good place to test it out.

Finished

While I was back there I finished the rest of the trunk area

And then the snow came, first snow this year :applause:

Moved to claying, used a medium aggressive bar for most of the car, lower panels needed meguiars red aggressive bar for some stubborn grime

Bentley had a hard clear, defects werent too bad but I wanted to get as close to 100% as possible. 2 step process used, varied between the DA and rotary. Some areas needed 2 or 3 hits to get full correction.

Before I began I took some paint readings

During correction

Driver door 50/50

Trunk

Rear spoiler before

During

After

Taillight under LED

Finished

The paint being white I had some trouble capturing good 50/50 shots, I found a video with my old point and shoot did a little better job of showing the finish before and after

After correction was complete I gave the car a thorough IPA wipedown to prep for LSP

Moved onto the trim work, been dreading the front grill since I started but what can ya do Took a quick break outside, pardon the snow on my hair and shirt

Before

After

Old 12-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Finished, in total this took me around 45minutes of hand polishing and then sealing with optiseal. Very lucky the grille did not have any hard water etching!

Applying LSP by machine speed 5 (notice all the black magic or whatever car care stuff in the background, not my gear... owners stuff... got him set up with some quality QD, wheel gel and drying waffle weaves before I left, I dont want the bentley going to sh!t within a month :thumb

Tires treated with SV Pneu, at first I didnt think this was such a great product, or at leatse any better than what I have used before but now I see why it demands the price, it just works! Deep black look, minimal shine and easy application. New go to tire dressing.

Once the tires were dressed I went in and sealed them up using JetSeal

Exterior window trim dressed as well, one flat strip made for easy work

dressed up the wheel wells and de-tarred surrounding trim using an MF pad

before

Interior before, this car gets driven primarily as DD.

Conditioning the leather for a matte finish

Rosewood cleaned and sealed with BF spray sealant

Interior finished. Door seals treated and jambs sealed after.

Exhaust finished, fine grad steel wool, than just a MF towel

Exterior finished

Despite me not wanting to pull the car out with some snow still on the ground, I felt I would get some flack for not posting sun pics when there was sun present so here you go...

(snow on the branches are the blobs you see in the reflection)

Thanks for looking

Old 01-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Richie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud of
Top notch work as usual!

Old 01-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
^ Nice work.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Richie Carbone
Top notch work as usual!
Thanks Birthday Boy