Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Ferrari 599 GTB paint correction

Old 12-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
odgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to all
Ferrari 599 GTB paint correction

Its been a while since I have posted here. This owner has been a Ferrari owner for a number of years now. He got in touch with me after being referred by a friend. After reviewing the paints condition, I had to teach him some better ways to wash the vehicle. He does enjoy washing and waxing the vehicle himself so he enjoyed the pointers.

This customer received paint correction which took me 20+ hours for this particular vehicle. This car is huge! It wasn't that fun using the rotary on the extremely wide and long hood. Either way it was a great experience and a pleasure to work with such a beautiful exotic.

Upon arrival:

Washing Process

After the vehicle had been washed and clayed, it was time to inspect it in the sun

After playing around with a few combo's, I found the right combo that did the trick. In this next picture, the uncorrected part is in the middle, and each side has been correct.

After working more on the car it started getting overcast (as usual), so no more outdoor shots

Old 12-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
odgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to allodgaard is a name known to all
Moving on to the interior

Waxing the carbon fiber trim

Finished Interior Shots

Finished Exterior

And one final shot with Enzo looking over my work in the top left

By the time I was completely finished it was midnight, so I couldn't do any outdoor afters. He said he wanted me to come back once winter is over so I will have the opportunity for more pictures then! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. As always I enjoy comments. Thanks for looking!

Sealant: CG Jetseal 109
Wax: Migliore Competizione

Last edited by odgaard; 12-16-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:50 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Nice work and some great shots with all the memorabilia in the background!

Old 12-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to behold
great job man! looks like it's got quite a nice home too

Old 12-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute

Love this one!

Old 12-16-2009, 12:34 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Quite the Ferrari themed garage!

Old 12-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
The car wasn't that bad before. Even if one were to be extremely careful washing it, you are still bound to have a few tiny swirls no?

Old 12-16-2009, 12:55 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
What a stunning 599, I love this gt

Old 12-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by AudiRS
The car wasn't that bad before. Even if one were to be extremely careful washing it, you are still bound to have a few tiny swirls no?
If you notice swirl marks on vehicles like i do, you would not have been able to miss them. Obviously when detailing exotics like these, they are going to be cleaner than the average car, its the paint correction they are mostly concerned with. He has only had the car for one year at the time of the detail, so I think the swirling was pretty bad. Chamois are a no no, which is what he was using. Stick to microfiber drying towels.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice work

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ferrari 599 GTB paint correction