Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

PS Detailed: 2007 Black Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG 23 manhours

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 12:21 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
gmblack3 is an unknown quantity at this point
PS Detailed: 2007 Black Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG 23 manhours

I had polished this clients S65 and F430 over 18 months ago.

He told me that he had taken the S65 to a local hack shop in town, but as you can see it was a waste of $300.

As soon as I arrived on scene and inspected the paint, I called Bret in on the job. I knew we where in for a full day of fun.

Interior-The clients interiors are always in pretty good condition.

The interior received the following:

Vac-Bret always spends plenty of time making sure every bit of debris is removed from the carpet. He uses brushes and compressed air while vacuuming.

All leather surfaces (a lot of leather in this interior) where cleaned with Z9 and conditioned with Z10. The client is a Z10 junky, he just loves the smell.

All wood surfaces are hand polished with ZAIO.

Glass cleaned to perfection with IG and a quality WW.

The alcantara headliner was wiped down with a damp short nap MF.

QEW wash.
Straight IPA wipedown x3 to remove whatever the little shop of hacks used on the paint.
Clayed with Zaino clay and Z6 as a lube.

Surbuf pad with M105 ready to go:

50/50 after:
M105/surbuf/XPPC6
M205/white LC flat/XPPC6

M105/surbuf/XPPC6 on the trunk:

Followed by M205/white LC flat/XPPC6

Entire car was polished with the above process.

Tight areas around door handles, mirror fronts, front/rear areas and "A" pillars where polished with:
M105/4" orange flat/PC6
M205/4" white flat/PC6

Black trim area between front and rear side windows:
M205/4" orange flat/PC6
M205/4" black flat/PC6

Moved the black beast outside.
Foamed with Z7 and washed with 2BM.
Wheels got Megs WB
Tires and wells Eimann Fabrik Tire Cleaner.

Applied 2x of ZFX'd Z5pro to the paint, followed by Z8.
Tires got Z-16
Tips cleaned with Blue magic metal polish, followed by ZAIO.
Wheels got ZAIO.

Bret and I returned a few weeks later. I did a new car prep on his DBS (coming soon) while Bret cleaned up his V-Rod (coming soon.) Bret then washed the S65, applied Z8 to the paint and Z-16 to the tires.

Finally some sun pics of the S65.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:32 AM
sal
Teamspeed Senior Member
sal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant future
What a perfect collection of cars. The 65 is the perfect daily, IMO. Can't imagine the torque coming from that V12!

Great detail job and definitely post up some info on the DBS!

Old 12-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
AMAZING JOB! Everyone buys black benzes (I agree they look amazing), but no one ever takes care of them and they become swirl city! That DBS is so player. What a perfect combo of cars.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:28 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Great job guys what a beautiful pair of whips.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful job!! The steering wheel looks like the airbag has been deployed before?? Hopefully that's not stock gap.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
I.Love.The.S65!

Old 12-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by sal
What a perfect collection of cars. The 65 is the perfect daily, IMO. Can't imagine the torque coming from that V12!

Great detail job and definitely post up some info on the DBS!
It must be an insane ride on the freeway. DBS coming soon along with the F430 writeup.

Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
AMAZING JOB! Everyone buys black benzes (I agree they look amazing), but no one ever takes care of them and they become swirl city! That DBS is so player. What a perfect combo of cars.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by gk@domanimotors
Great job guys what a beautiful pair of whips.
Thanks gk!

Originally Posted by tractorcrusher
Beautiful job!! The steering wheel looks like the airbag has been deployed before?? Hopefully that's not stock gap.
Thanks TC! I'll have a closer look when we go back.

Originally Posted by strebo
I.Love.The.S65!
Me too!

Old 12-27-2009, 09:32 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
vyper340 is an unknown quantity at this point
Excellent job!!! What does a job of that nature run for the same car and same condition?

Old 12-28-2009, 10:20 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by vyper340
Excellent job!!! What does a job of that nature run for the same car and same condition?
Thank you vyper340. Sent you a PM.