Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

crystal rock vs vintage

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 03:29 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
godoman is an unknown quantity at this point
crystal rock vs vintage

tell me which wax you guys think is better. dont go off of price here, I need someone with experience on the two to speak up and tell me what they liked best about the waxes and ultimately which wax was better..

any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Teamspeed Member
Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Vintage:

I'll tell you that I was very disappointed when I got my Vintage... IMO it's not even worth the shipping cost that comes with it. When all the cantaloupe oils and this and that are gone... the WAX is what remains on your car (and polymers, etc.), not the |exotic ingredients". Really I'm a good salesman and other than prestige and penis enhancement I have no other valid selling points about this wax. The whole "enzyme" spiel is also just a bit too... reaching for me... it may have enzymatic characteristics, but an enzyme? I think not (someone prove me wrong here). After 3 weeks on my wife's hood I saw the same beading as any other wax (Collinite 855 was on the rest of the car).

Crystal Rock:

Haven't played with it yet, but FWIK, it's more like a sealant than a "natural wax"... Like Colly

If you want a nice wax that's "luxury" category go with SV Concorso (I have it... very nice) or Migliore Primo or Competizione which are very nice waxes IMO.

Last edited by Clever Nickname; 08-22-2009 at 07:49 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Phil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond repute
CR for the win.

I have been told by many of my high end detail accounts that they love CR and would not use anything else.

For the DIYers that we sell to I would say Concorso. Its our best selling SV.

I no longer get request to get customers Vintage its been 2 years since I have sold any.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Teamspeed Member
Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Yeah I've also heard that CR users love it... I may have to give it a try one day. So anyway, to answer your question godoman, if I had to choose between the 2 I'd choose CR.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Former Sponsor
DetailJohn has a reputation beyond reputeDetailJohn has a reputation beyond reputeDetailJohn has a reputation beyond reputeDetailJohn has a reputation beyond reputeDetailJohn has a reputation beyond reputeDetailJohn has a reputation beyond reputeDetailJohn has a reputation beyond reputeDetailJohn has a reputation beyond reputeDetailJohn has a reputation beyond reputeDetailJohn has a reputation beyond reputeDetailJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Clever Nickname
Vintage:

I'll tell you that I was very disappointed when I got my Vintage... IMO it's not even worth the shipping cost that comes with it. When all the cantaloupe oils and this and that are gone... the WAX is what remains on your car (and polymers, etc.), not the |exotic ingredients". Really I'm a good salesman and other than prestige and penis enhancement I have no other valid selling points about this wax. The whole "enzyme" spiel is also just a bit too... reaching for me... it may have enzymatic characteristics, but an enzyme? I think not (someone prove me wrong here). After 3 weeks on my wife's hood I saw the same beading as any other wax (Collinite 855 was on the rest of the car).

Crystal Rock:

Haven't played with it yet, but FWIK, it's more like a sealant than a "natural wax"... Like Colly

If you want a nice wax that's "luxury" category go with SV Concorso (I have it... very nice) or Migliore Primo or Competizione which are very niec waxes IMO.

I think the Vintage wax is worth every penny. It doesn't have the greatest durability, but when you're preparing your car for a Concours car show or similar, I have not found anything that looks better.

John

Old 08-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Phil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond repute
john get cr you will be very happy.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by DetailJohn
I think the Vintage wax is worth every penny. It doesn't have the greatest durability, but when you're preparing your car for a Concours car show or similar, I have not found anything that looks better.

John
Wish I felt the same about my Vintage... Really, other than being a "Rolex category" wax I can't find another reason to take it out of my fridge. Sure it may give a slightly better glow than most other waxes, which is why I think Zymöl classify it as a "glaze" (though it has no traditional "glaze" properties... the oils may temporarily fill swirls, but they will reappear once fully gassed), but just as any other glaze it looses its luster and durability very quickly... For a +2k wax that is utterly disappointing.

Even if I owned an exotic (still contemplating a '90 Ferrari 348 so maybe one day...) I still don't think I'd use my Vintage on it. For me the only tried and true "luxury category" waxes have been SV and Migliore (Concorso and Competizione, respective).

Old 08-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
godoman is an unknown quantity at this point
fridge

you guys keep your waxes in the fridge? I just keep my sv in the garage even if it is cold or hot out, does not seem to bother the wax.

feedback on this?

Old 08-22-2009, 07:47 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by godoman
you guys keep your waxes in the fridge? I just keep my sv in the garage even if it is cold or hot out, does not seem to bother the wax.

feedback on this?
I keep my Vintage and my higher-end Swissvax-es in the fridge because I have noticed that if I subject my SW to extreme heat, which is common here in Hungary, they tend to "shrink". By that I mean, they literally shrink and start to recede from the sides of the container.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
I am DIY guy so which SV and or which CR should I go for?

Quick Reply: crystal rock vs vintage