Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Which product is the best to clean suede/alcantara?

Old 06-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond repute
Question Which product is the best to clean suede/alcantara?

For suede/alcantara seat inserts or headliner.

Thanks.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Jean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura aboutJean-Claude has a spectacular aura about
When it comes to headliners I suggest the client have it replaced if it's filthy enough to merit cleaning.

Most headliners have a water based glue holding it up. Add anything with water to it and not only will you have a dirty headliner, it will also start to sag.

IF I had to, I would try a very watered down mix of Oxiclean and a few micro fibers.(that's what I would use on suede seats)
I would not use much of the mix. A very light spritz of the mix on a mf towel so that hopefully the water would not reach the glue.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:51 AM
Teamspeed Member
Envious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enough
what jean-claude said...you dont want to soak them! spray your product on the towel, not on the headliner!

also, use a dab motion, not so much a wiping motion on alcantra and suede...you will ruin the material if you continually rub in a back and forth motion!