Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Audi Q7... or maybe Titanic?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Teamspeed Member
Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Audi Q7... or maybe Titanic?

Hi everyone! Well aint I the lucky boy to get 2 HUGE boat-sized cars to detail in one week? This was a referral from the Porsche Cayenne I did and although very nice guys, they're the "haggling types", therefore did not want to pay for my finest work or waxes... in other words they can't appreciate the amount of work I put into their cars. I wound up doing these 2 cars for much less than I'd normally do them for, but it's OK because they have lots of friends with lots of lots of expendable cash and they all like for their cars to be as beautiful as possible. Anyway, they're not the types that I want to get into an argument with over a few $$ if you know what I mean. So on to the detail...

I'm not sure what year this car is (neither was the owner... must be nice) but it had some ugly swirlies all over it and the inside wasn't in the best condition either.

Some fresh sap...

Engine befores:

Engine afters, dressed with InstaFinish Premium Protect All:

Passenger side front wing before (Area 51 "test spot"):

Old 06-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Teamspeed Member
Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
After compounding with Auto Magic Syntheticut (one of the only Am products I still like) and a Scholl wool pad:

All cleared up with InstaFinish #15 and a polishing pad at about 1800 RPM's. Now technically this was finished and the owner didn't want to pay for a full correction, but damn my obsession with perfection I still finished it up with InstaFinish Premium Polish and a finishing pad. It was an extra 2.5 hours work and really it looked great even in the sun, but I just couldn't let it go without jeweling it...

Syntheticut is a bit dusty so I decided to take her outside for another foam bath to clean things up.

Back lid after jeweling

Passenger door finished

Rear wing finished

My beer slave hard at work

Little pebbles everywhere in the boot

Still some scratches, but like I said, the owner didn't want to pay for the real deal...

Old 06-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Teamspeed Member

Thanks for reading and for the Playboy subscribers, thanks for "reading"!

- Jesse

Old 06-07-2009, 03:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Why does the interior have a shiny look to it, instead of the natural leather look?

Old 06-07-2009, 04:08 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by M5Kid
Why does the interior have a shiny look to it, instead of the natural leather look?
There are 2 types of dressings: matt and shiny. The owner decided to go with the "bling, bling" shiny dressing (I always ask). I'd have chosen differently, but it's not my vehicle...

Old 06-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, I really love that interior! The red stitching looks great!

Old 06-08-2009, 04:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Great Job Bro!

Old 06-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
You do amazing work. Thanks for posting.

Old 06-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Phil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond repute
great job!