Notices
Classic Muscle Classic Muscle Car Discussion Forum.

Now this is what you call a Barn Find - 1978 Corvette Pace Car, 13 miles

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 11:15 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Now this is what you call a Barn Find - 1978 Corvette Pace Car, 13 miles

Corvette Mike New England, displays newly uncovered Corvette
Story and pictures from Corvette Mike of New England

We have all heard of "Barn finds" but this is one rather extraordinary example in the fact that it was found completely unharmed, with no damage whatsoever, no rust, and even the original factory protective plastic interior coatings in tact after being left uncovered for 33 years by the previous owner. We surely thank Corvette Mike for sharing this story below.

"Mike Millian of Corvette Mike New England bought a 1978 Corvette that was left in a barn for 33 years! The car is in pristine condition from headlights to taillights, despite a thick blanket of dust that has built up over 33 years. The 1978 Indy Pace Car Corvette sitting in the showroom of Corvette Mike New England was uncovered last month from a barn in Detroit, MI. She’s not been driven in 33 years and has logged only 13 miles. The interior still has that ‘new car’ smell and the plastic from the factory still covers the bucket seats and steering wheel. Everything is original, right down to the dealer’s key ring. It is a brand new 1978 Corvette.

Mike Milian’s friend from Bud’s Chevrolet in St Mary’s, OH, Bud Schoenleben said the previous owner, a friend of his, bought the car in ’78 as an investment and never drove it. In 1995 he (the owner) sold his house and moved into a high rise apartment and had no place to put the car, so he put it in a barn. He then locked the door and walked away from it, never looking at it for 16 years. About a month ago the owner decided to get rid of the car because he could use the money and he called Bud, out of the blue. The collectible was buried under boxes and has never been covered. However, the car was undamaged. So they pumped up the original tires, pulled it out of the building and brought it to Plymouth, MA. Even the half a tank of the 33 year old gas didn’t even hurt the car. In fact the only thing that had to be changed was a dead battery. The car started right up!

The engine was not frozen up and all the seals never got a chance to rust and go bad. A limited number of 6,502 of the 1978 Indy Pace Car Corvette replicas were made, one for every dealer in the country. The limited edition black and silver T-top with 350 V-8 engine was part of the 25th anniversary year of the Corvette."

Source and all the high res pics - Corvette Mike

1978 Corvette Barn Find.mov - YouTube

Old 10-24-2011, 11:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
QYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant future
That is a rare find! especially for a barn! w2g!

Old 10-25-2011, 12:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
avalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant future
Now That is just awesome

Old 10-25-2011, 12:11 AM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet, what a cool find! I love that it still has the factory plastic.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Everytime I see a 70's Vette, I always picture Luke Skywalker and this badboy in my head. Anyone, anyone?

Old 10-25-2011, 12:29 AM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
Corvette Summer, baby baby!

"I drive my first car at nine. I overhaul my first transmission at ten. At thirteen I turn the quarter mile in under 12 seconds...and I wait till now to get laid?"

Old 10-25-2011, 12:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
clemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond repute
That is freakin' awesome!!

Old 10-25-2011, 09:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Winchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome find; but why does it have to be an automatic?

Old 10-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
redjeeper is on a distinguished roadredjeeper is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bonehead
Everytime I see a 70's Vette, I always picture Luke Skywalker and this badboy in my head. Anyone, anyone?

Wow, this used to be one of my favorite movies as a kid

Old 11-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Funkyskunk2 is on a distinguished roadFunkyskunk2 is on a distinguished roadFunkyskunk2 is on a distinguished roadFunkyskunk2 is on a distinguished roadFunkyskunk2 is on a distinguished roadFunkyskunk2 is on a distinguished road

Quick Reply: Now this is what you call a Barn Find - 1978 Corvette Pace Car, 13 miles