Notices
Classic Muscle Classic Muscle Car Discussion Forum.

My 1980 Firebird

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 10:06 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to TS!

What a story. The sentimental value must be through the roof, yet you're still enjoying it the way it should be enjoyed, rather than letting it sit in boredom. Love that!

Last edited by jox; 01-03-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
avalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant future
Welcome Aboard! your car looks Awesome on the track! My mother owned a Black '88 TransAm with the giant gold phoenix on the hood

Old 01-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ST Graveyard is an unknown quantity at this point
What an amazing looking Firebird. So badass!
Never ever sell it! I have a 72 Vette which I hope to keep for the rest of my days...
I love the fact you race with your dad ... at the age of 71, how cool is that!

All the best,
Maarten

Old 01-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
subgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond repute
Fantastic car- in love it.

My 78 formula firebird was the best car I ever owned...

Old 01-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!lordceniza You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Amazing relationship with your car! That's a really awesome car as well. Good stuff!

Old 01-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks again guys.

Three more pictures; I've got a lot of prints that I've not gotten around to scanning yet, maybe I will soon.

The second picture is an older shot from Turn 7 at Road America, from back when I was still using the stock wheels (Real fun trying to find race rubber in 15 inch sizes!). The wheels I currently use for the track are 3 piece Bogarts, with a custom inner half made to clear a 14" Baer system that hopefully I'll get around to affording someday. I love the Bogarts; they make the car look a lot lighter and more aggressive.

The third shot is me chasing Dad at Mid-Ohio; funny that his car is a bit newer than mine! His is a 1987 Firebird Formula, about the same power level as mine, but he has a Richmond six-speed and a Strange rear axle.

Attached Images    

Last edited by mattjs33; 01-05-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:15 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
AxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really nice
That car is in great condition too! And that's way more horsepower than it was stock. The car is now as mean as it looks!

Chris

Old 03-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks. It'll probably be due for a repaint in a year or so; those race tires throw a lot of stones at the underside. The rockers are peppered with tiny stone chips. But it wears them proudly.

Hoping to have the new engine in the next week or so, because the first event at Road America is the end of April. Will sure be nice to finally get her off the lift!

Old 03-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
AxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really nice
The stone chips are a testament to the proper usage of the car - to drive it and race it like it was meant to. Props to you!

Chris

Old 03-25-2011, 03:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant future
Nice!

Quick Reply: My 1980 Firebird