Notices
Classic Muscle Classic Muscle Car Discussion Forum.

Corvette 1959/60 Classic or Super hot rod?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 07:49 AM
XTO
Teamspeed Member
XTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished road
Corvette 1959/60 Classic or Super hot rod?

Hello All,

Good afternoon from a slightly grey London, UK.

Right the one Classic car i've wanted is a 59 vette! Now i will soon be in the market to purchase one. Being in the UK they are quite rare.

Wanting to get some people views and experience on the issue:

Should i go for a full resotoration or something like a modern super hot rod (correct phrase? basically where they change all the mechanics and fit all modern parts, uprated breaks, suspension, tuned engine etc... the works...!)

Ive got a few classic cars so i know what they are about and the drive etc... anyone here can recommend any companies that modernise or cars that maybe for sale.

Also anyone input on the modernised vettes would help. Also some ideas on pricing would be good. as said the uk isnt the best bench mark to get an idea on values.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ST Graveyard is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi,

I personally would never modernize a classic like a C1. The cars are just to rare. Let's face it, the C1 you mention is made from 1958 - 1960 (with a different grill), there are not many around anymore. If you find such a classic in original form, I would restore it. If it has already been tinkered with, if it is non matching numbers, that is another question.

I myself am a big Vette fan, I have a 72 and my dad has a 76. His absolute dreamcar is, like yourself, a 58-59-60.

If you like oldschool looks, and want modern technology, why not think about those C5's with C1 looks. Or check out the beautiful Rossi!

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck and enjoy your future Vette!

Cheers,
Maarten