Notices
Classic Muscle Classic Muscle Car Discussion Forum.

EVS Motors "Culture Shock Camaro" on Hot Rod Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 09:03 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
EVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond repute
EVS Motors "Culture Shock Camaro" on Hot Rod Magazine

Just want to share with you guys that our "Culture Shock" Camaro will be in the April issue of Hot Rod magazine. The oldest and one of the most widely circulated magazines (more than Road & Track, Motor Trend or Automobile Magazine from what I was told).

We are glad to be in the magazine, even though we were already told it would be a biased view of it, due to the reader base that is pretty conventional. They don't want to lose readers if they favor the crazy idea of our car. lol

Look out for it on newsstands next month!

Last edited by EVS Motors Inc.; 02-09-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
That's awesome. And great coverage for you guys. Even if it's biased, your car will find a huge audience with their readers. Congrats Brother!

Old 02-10-2009, 10:13 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
EVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Russ thanks! I wonder how a Mexico Blue '69 Camaro would look? Hmmm...

Old 02-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Nice! I'm glad I've got subscription to HRM. I'll be looking forward to reading the article. Congrats!

Old 02-10-2009, 03:42 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Nice! I'm glad I've got subscription to HRM. I'll be looking forward to reading the article. Congrats!

Thanks. It won't be the nicest article written about the car compared to the more open minded magazines like Heavy Hitters who has a article on it as well. But hey HRM is the oldest and most famous custom car magazine on the market so I'm just happy to be in it!

Old 02-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EVS Motors Inc.
Thanks. It won't be the nicest article written about the car compared to the more open minded magazines like Heavy Hitters who has a article on it as well. But hey HRM is the oldest and most famous custom car magazine on the market so I'm just happy to be in it!
Well, I've seen all the time and hard work you guys have put into this car so I already have a massive appreciation for what you've done. While it's definitely not the most traditional route for adding tons of HP to a Camaro, it's most certainly one of the most creative ways of doing it!

Old 02-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
D2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura about
You guys deserve the press, and although your build is more "out there", it is executed in a very tasteful fashion. If the "purists" can't respect that, then to hell with them.

I personally love this car, congrats!

Old 02-11-2009, 12:53 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
You guys deserve the press, and although your build is more "out there", it is executed in a very tasteful fashion. If the "purists" can't respect that, then to hell with them.

I personally love this car, congrats!
Thanks guys. Actually there are a lot more people who love the car. The car has taken home a total of 5-6 awards at only two shows it has been to. All of them 1st place awards for many different categories incl; Best Pro-Touring, Pick of The Show Award, Best Engineered, etc. I went on a cruise with a lot of old muscle cars and was afraid my car would get keyed, but in fact everyone was extremely friend and respected the car. I did give them a show though pulling sport bikes and newer corvettes with ease.

The whole idea and reading about it probably scares a lot of people, but when they get to see the car in person they end up liking it a lot. Who doesn't love a Toyota "What a feeling"?! LOL J/K Hot Rod Mag is just really conservative about this article and they are playing it safe with the article I think. It is a very fun article to read in my opinion. Not the usual ho hum car build stories, it actually had something to gripe and talk about for the first time. This is the first time in History that a 1st Gen Camaro has a Japanese motor, so EVS Motors is extremely happy to be a part of automotive hot rodding history. Like they said in the article this car was just to hard to ignore.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
awesome!!

Old 02-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by EVS Motors Inc.
Thanks guys. Actually there are a lot more people who love the car. The car has taken home a total of 5-6 awards at only two shows it has been to. All of them 1st place awards for many different categories incl; Best Pro-Touring, Pick of The Show Award, Best Engineered, etc. I went on a cruise with a lot of old muscle cars and was afraid my car would get keyed, but in fact everyone was extremely friend and respected the car. I did give them a show though pulling sport bikes and newer corvettes with ease.

The whole idea and reading about it probably scares a lot of people, but when they get to see the car in person they end up liking it a lot. Who doesn't love a Toyota "What a feeling"?! LOL J/K Hot Rod Mag is just really conservative about this article and they are playing it safe with the article I think. It is a very fun article to read in my opinion. Not the usual ho hum car build stories, it actually had something to gripe and talk about for the first time. This is the first time in History that a 1st Gen Camaro has a Japanese motor, so EVS Motors is extremely happy to be a part of automotive hot rodding history. Like they said in the article this car was just to hard to ignore.
Was your Camaro at SEMA this past November? I don't recall seeing it.

Quick Reply: EVS Motors "Culture Shock Camaro" on Hot Rod Magazine