Notices
Classic Muscle Classic Muscle Car Discussion Forum.

Yenko collection being unloaded at Barrett-Jackson

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 01:24 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Yenko collection being unloaded at Barrett-Jackson

While not necessarily to the same extent, Don Yenko was to Chevys what Carroll Shelby was to Ford. He may not have beaten Ferrari at Le Mans, but Yenko built some of the most powerful Bowtie muscle cars of the 1960s. With only a few hundred built, they're also some of the most valuable. At the upcoming Barrett-Jackson auction in January, a private collector will be selling off his collection of five Yenkos, which are considered to be some of the best and most original in existence. Up for grabs will be a trio of 1969 Camaros, a 1981 Turbo Z Camaro, and a rare Yenko Nova. The highlight will be the Daytona Yellow Camaro that is one of three existing cars built by Yenko for NHRA drag racing. It features a COPO 427/425 V8, 3-speed automatic transmission, Hurst shifter, and more.

Old 12-21-2008, 02:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute
Wow those are some great examples. I wouldn't expect anything less to go to that auction though.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
I love the Yenko Camaros

Old 12-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Teamspeed Member
spg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond repute
Not so sure i agree thi syear. for years, in an upward moving market, the thought was that an action like barrett would pull out above-market pricing on most cars...the frenzy, the lights, the camera, a little booze. in getting ready for this years' event, i was surprised at how few 'wickedly good' cars i have yet to see posted on barrett-jackson.com's car list just yet.
i think some buyers ar econcerned about rolling their prized possessions on to a stage with no reserve.
in speaking to a few of the auction houses that will take place this year in scottsdale, it seems as though sellers are going to have to come to grips with much lower pricing ,but alteast they can have a market in which to take a loss without headache, and get on to putting fresh money to work.

i just dont see the monsters cars on the current barrett list that im used to seeing. there are 60k cars lined up for saturday night. i dont think we had that last year saturday night.

Originally Posted by 86blackwidow
Wow those are some great examples. I wouldn't expect anything less to go to that auction though.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:14 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Flash68 is just really niceFlash68 is just really niceFlash68 is just really niceFlash68 is just really niceFlash68 is just really niceFlash68 is just really niceFlash68 is just really niceFlash68 is just really niceFlash68 is just really niceFlash68 is just really niceFlash68 is just really nice
Originally Posted by spg993tt
Not so sure i agree thi syear. for years, in an upward moving market, the thought was that an action like barrett would pull out above-market pricing on most cars...the frenzy, the lights, the camera, a little booze. in getting ready for this years' event, i was surprised at how few 'wickedly good' cars i have yet to see posted on barrett-jackson.com's car list just yet.
i think some buyers ar econcerned about rolling their prized possessions on to a stage with no reserve.
in speaking to a few of the auction houses that will take place this year in scottsdale, it seems as though sellers are going to have to come to grips with much lower pricing ,but alteast they can have a market in which to take a loss without headache, and get on to putting fresh money to work.

i just dont see the monsters cars on the current barrett list that im used to seeing. there are 60k cars lined up for saturday night. i dont think we had that last year saturday night.
I agree completely. It's going to be interesting to see the balance of really top level cars vs buyers with big cash ready to buy.

Vegas BJ did surprisingly well I thought.

Nice Yenkos BTW!

Old 12-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
The yenkos are indeed sick Love the third example.

Regardless, I think it is a MAJOR f*** up to unload 5 beautiful yenkos from the same owner at the same event. Imagine one beautiful yenko, everybody goes WOW!, everybody wants it. If you have 5 of them, buyers wont bid as aggressively. He wont maximize profits.

my 2 cents.