Notices
Classic Muscle Classic Muscle Car Discussion Forum.

C3 Stingray

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
nerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the rough
C3 Stingray

Anyone have one? It's on my list of cars to own when I some day have a garage to keep it properly. I've always liked the styling, it's a true classic in my opinion. How about pics/wallpapers? I know someone has something.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
My uncle has a 71 (I think) with a 350, great sound but IMO the handling and usability are not near the looks. I would take a Tr-6/Healey 3000/ any british sports car over one any day of the week.

IMO

Old 02-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
nerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Craigger
My uncle has a 71 (I think) with a 350,
Pics or...well, you know the drill. Anyway, I want it for the looks, it would be a garage queen. If i want to throw a car around corners I have the Pcar or my bike.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nerual
Pics or...well, you know the drill. Anyway, I want it for the looks, it would be a garage queen. If i want to throw a car around corners I have the Pcar or my bike.
I will try to find some. Its a stunning looking car, just not the best driver, by which I mean, On ramps have no joy in them, low speed corners in residential neighborhoods are no fun. IMO (even for a garage queen) I would find something else.

If you are set on it though, make sure you get a pre EPA noosed example (I believe 72 is the last year before they went to the base 170hp engine.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Zee28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's mine. 1969 Corvette StingRay Convertible. Its a 427/435hp, 4sp, 37k orig miles Survivor!

Old 02-11-2008, 10:44 PM
ss7
Teamspeed Pro
ss7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond repute
One of the most brutal Ive seen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCLXnmj9sDM

Old 02-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I would drive a Neon SRT4 before that.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Nice, Zee28! Did you buy it cherry or restore it? It's all original?