Notices
Celebrity Sightings | Clothing | Fashion Spotted! Your Favorite Celebrity and His/Her Automobile & The Fashion & Style Discussion Forum.

Air Jordan Shoes

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Air Jordan Shoes

What is the big deal about these shoes?

I just dont see it.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:29 PM
MTK
Banned
MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK
if u wear them u can jump higher and run faster !!!!

Old 02-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
These days i dont get into them much...still appreciate them but dont go crazy about them. When i was a kid and they were actually releasing a new Jordan, id save my money for MONTHS and go to the mall to get the newest pair.....

Just something about MJ that is special

Old 02-24-2008, 08:34 PM
Teamspeed Member
MementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the rough
When I was younger, I was excited weeks in advance for the new <insert flavor of the month> shoe. I don't know why... I didn't even play basketball. Nowadays, I couldn't care less. Most of the current basketball shoes look ridiculous anyway.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:06 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MementoMori
When I was younger, I was excited weeks in advance for the new <insert flavor of the month> shoe. I don't know why... I didn't even play basketball. Nowadays, I couldn't care less. Most of the current basketball shoes look ridiculous anyway.
I agree. I'd like to get a new pair of decent basketball shoes but I would feel like a tool wearing them. Either I'm getting older or these shoes are getting uglier

Old 02-25-2008, 03:33 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
AsianImage is an unknown quantity at this point
I find it kinda funny when people who collect "niche" things don''t understand others that collect "niche" things.

To the OP...there must be something you spend money on. Modding your car, wine, cigars, star wars toys...whatever.

People collect things...so it is strange when one thing gets questioned and something else is not.

I love watches...got my first Panerai in 2003. I have had as many as 5 watches in my "collection." Rolex, Cartier etc. People thought I was INSANE! So collecting shoes vs watches vs comic books...what is the difference? Why is one gay or lame and something else is more "respected"? Everything can be argued down to the bare level to why do you need this or that?

Why Jordans? here are a few reasons...
- MJ was possibly or is the best player to ever play the game
- His signature shoe line literally changed the shoe industry
- His first pair of shoes were BANNED by the NBA etc. Nike took a chance and gave a unknown unproven player his OWN shoe..and decided on the Jordan II to remove the SWOOSH! That is almost marketing/branding suicide. They took the chance.
- As an old man in my early 30s...quite simply I could never afford these shoes when they first came out. My mom would never buy these for me. So now I can have them. I love the shoes then and I can recapture a little of my youth by having these again.
- XX3 specifically, this shoe is the most "custom" shoe ever. More human hands were needed to make this shoe than any other. The shoe uses more hand stitching to hold it together vs using harmful glues. The shoe is lighter, stronger and more flexible. It has the best materials and technology available today. See the real CARBON FIBER mid sole? This shoe is far superior in craftmanship, quality and technology than anything else in the market.
- this model is rumored to be the LAST shoe MJ will have his input. Maybe the last shoe period.

so...yeah...thats why I like em...and I am not compulsive...I only buy the ones I like and yes I wear them too! But I do have some pairs that I save to wear later. I have a vision, I will be a 75 y/o man with my cane or walker and I will be rockin these shoes! Only patient at the senior home rockin Js!

Old 02-25-2008, 06:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
sheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond repute
it was also partially designed by Jeff Staple.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:06 AM
Teamspeed Member
MementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by AsianImage
I find it kinda funny when people who collect "niche" things don''t understand others that collect "niche" things.

To the OP...there must be something you spend money on. Modding your car, wine, cigars, star wars toys...whatever.

People collect things...so it is strange when one thing gets questioned and something else is not.

I love watches...got my first Panerai in 2003. I have had as many as 5 watches in my "collection." Rolex, Cartier etc. People thought I was INSANE! So collecting shoes vs watches vs comic books...what is the difference? Why is one gay or lame and something else is more "respected"? Everything can be argued down to the bare level to why do you need this or that?

Why Jordans? here are a few reasons...
- MJ was possibly or is the best player to ever play the game
- His signature shoe line literally changed the shoe industry
- His first pair of shoes were BANNED by the NBA etc. Nike took a chance and gave a unknown unproven player his OWN shoe..and decided on the Jordan II to remove the SWOOSH! That is almost marketing/branding suicide. They took the chance.
- As an old man in my early 30s...quite simply I could never afford these shoes when they first came out. My mom would never buy these for me. So now I can have them. I love the shoes then and I can recapture a little of my youth by having these again.
- XX3 specifically, this shoe is the most "custom" shoe ever. More human hands were needed to make this shoe than any other. The shoe uses more hand stitching to hold it together vs using harmful glues. The shoe is lighter, stronger and more flexible. It has the best materials and technology available today. See the real CARBON FIBER mid sole? This shoe is far superior in craftmanship, quality and technology than anything else in the market.
- this model is rumored to be the LAST shoe MJ will have his input. Maybe the last shoe period.

so...yeah...thats why I like em...and I am not compulsive...I only buy the ones I like and yes I wear them too! But I do have some pairs that I save to wear later. I have a vision, I will be a 75 y/o man with my cane or walker and I will be rockin these shoes! Only patient at the senior home rockin Js!
Not to say you're wrong about your reasoning per se, but a big part of it for me was, after Jordan retired, I didn't really care that he had new shoes coming out anymore. I totally get collecting Jordans from he was actually hittin' the courts in them... just doesn't do it for me now.

Haha... I do have some weird collections though, so who am I to talk.

Will anybody actually play ball in these or will they just end up being kept in collectors' closets?

Last edited by MementoMori; 02-25-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:17 AM
MTK
Banned
MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK
This commercial made me run out and buy a pair when i was 13

(it was this commercial but w/ beat box)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU_8R...eature=related

Old 02-25-2008, 02:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
I have been a jordan wearer/collector and big basketball freak since a little kid.... It was a lifestyle point blank! Even though I still have new originals and old beat up shoes I kept which I don't wear anymore (old Chris Webbers, the converse Larry Johnson's with the green glowing goo in the heal, Jerry Stackhouse Fila's, Penny Hardaway's/ Foamposite's.. I can still look at them, take them out of the box and still get an appreciation for them, brings back so many memories!

Last edited by iLLGT2; 02-25-2008 at 02:06 PM.