Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Porsche Panamera to start at $127k, hybrid version to produce 300-hp

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
RDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond repute
200K are you kidding me?

So if the wifey says "hey hunny, we need a new family car. You have a 200K budget, go get something in silver and have fun" it's off to the Porsche dealership. I see a Pamamera turbo sitting on the floor for 200K and I start walking towards it. Halfway to the car I notice a new turbo with a 140K sticker and change my direction. Well, driving out of the dealership in my new turbo I say to myself "oh Eff. Wifey's going to kill me". Soo I stop by the Caddy dealership on the way home and pick up a CTS-V with the left over 60K.

End result: Happy husband, happy wife, and two cars that are both presumably quicker than the Pamamera Turbo

Note to Porsche: If the Pamamera base model is north of 70K your sales goals are going to be in trouble (unless you only plan on selling 5K units a year).

Old 09-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
miboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond repute
Agree with the other comments....140-200??? Completely mis-priced, IMHO.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Eddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond repute
My only guess is that Autobild is using some faulty math here.

Most times, the prices of cars overseas, if then converted directly with market exchange rates, is significantly higher than what they actually end up selling at in the states... well let's hope at least.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:37 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
These prices are outrageous. I think this is a big mistake on Porsche's part. The Panamera should be significantly less than the Aston Martin Rapide.