Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Production Ready Porsche Macans Hit The Street

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 12:21 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute

Name:  Porsche Macan 1.jpg
Views: 1659
Size:  238.9 KB

Our trusty Teamspeed spies bring us today the first round of production-ready Porsche Macans out on public roads. The long awaited smaller SUV from Porsche is said to debut this November at the LA Auto Show, with a spring 2014 release date, but these shots lead us to believe an earlier release could be in the works.

The new Porsche will be based on the same underpinnings as the Audi Q5, but will be much lighter due to a more extensive use of aluminium components. AutoExpress noted this could save roughly 130kg over its Q5 sibling.

Power will come from engines delivered by Audi, both gas and diesel, said to be worked over by Porsche to give it higher power figures then the Q5. By offering a 4-cylinder variant of the baby SUV, this will be the first time Porsche has put a 4 cylinder engine into production since the 968. A powerful Turbo version as seen above will available as well.

The Macan will most likely be offered with the Hybrid-drivetrain known from the Q5, meaning a 2.0 TFSI delivering 210 horsepower combined with a 44 HP electric motor. That will help Porsche to come closer to the average CO2 goal of 130 g/km that all car manufacturers need to reach from 2015.

The Porsche Macan will be launched with four doors initially, but we are hearing rumors that a little later on there could be a sportier looking two door version as well, which is possibly a direct response to Range Rover's successful Evoque.

Expect US pricing to start around the $42,000 mark.

Name:  Porsche Macan 1.jpg
Views: 1659
Size:  238.9 KB

Name:  Porsche Macan 2.jpg
Views: 4706
Size:  238.1 KB

Name:  Porsche Macan Turbo 1.jpg
Views: 4686
Size:  267.4 KB

Name:  Porsche Macan Turbo 4.jpg
Views: 4682
Size:  246.1 KB

Name:  Porsche Macan Turbo 6.jpg
Views: 4620
Size:  326.7 KB

Name:  Porsche Macan Turbo 7.jpg
Views: 1718
Size:  258.4 KB

Name:  Porsche Macan Turbo 5.jpg
Views: 4647
Size:  247.9 KB

Old 07-31-2013, 01:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
Takumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really niceTakumi is just really nice
Thanks for the post. Interesting image.

Can anyone confirm if the rear brakes are 4 pistons? Looking at the current and previous photos, it seems to me the Macan is using a single or dual piston rear caliper.

Doesn't seem like a Porsche way but who knows until a close up photo.

Old 07-31-2013, 02:17 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
ikkisato is an unknown quantity at this point
Those wheeeeeeels

Old 07-31-2013, 03:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder if there is a market for this car that is different than the Cayenne? While this car looks good, I don't see enough difference to warrant having both vehicles. Any opinions?

Old 07-31-2013, 07:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by GTCole
I wonder if there is a market for this car that is different than the Cayenne? While this car looks good, I don't see enough difference to warrant having both vehicles. Any opinions?
I feel like Porsche is catering to the 20-30 year old market perfectly with this car. The Cayenne is a very big car and I can imagine plenty of young girls in LA, OC, and SD driving the Macan around. I think another key distinguishing factor is the smaller engine options, which translates into cheaper prices and better gas mileage. I think the Evoque proved that there is a market for small but high quality SUVs; I see this as a step up from an Audi Q5 or BMW X3.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Not a bad response. Could be true. They only need to sell 20k a year or whatever.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:23 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
If it anything like the SQ5 I drove in Munich it's going to kick ass,

Old 07-31-2013, 11:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
I like the car, but those tail lights look disproportionally huge!!!!

Old 08-01-2013, 01:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ the front & rear lights appear to be stickers in these pics, probably masking the actual ones behind them.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:09 AM
Teamspeed Member
GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I love this car! I am hoping to pick one up at some point. We have a Cayenne but I don't really like driving it - it's too big. This would be perfect.

Also recently test drove the Q5 and it was great... I figure this car is a better version

Quick Reply: Production Ready Porsche Macans Hit The Street