Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

New Porsche Macan Reported to Debut at LA Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
A1ExoticsMagazine is an unknown quantity at this point
Can't say I'm looking forward to this at all, really. It's a Q5....

Old 06-15-2013, 02:27 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
murat0911 is on a distinguished roadmurat0911 is on a distinguished road
The Cockpit

From Auto Motor Und Sport.

Attached Images     
Old 06-16-2013, 10:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Jeez! 30+ buttons on the center console and there are still 5 blanks! I hope Porsche realizes how dumb this looks on all their cars soon!

Old 06-16-2013, 10:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Where else would you put them?

Old 06-16-2013, 11:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 81911
Where else would you put them?
Not sure, if I designed their center consoles I'd tell Dr. Featureshnitzel there's too many push button features, if he didn't listen my solution would be to just leave blank plastic space instead of adding blank buttons. But then again I'd be fired as it wouldn't compel customers to wanting to order the big budget models to rid the center console of empty buttons.

Last edited by Carrera; 06-16-2013 at 11:30 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Chimi-Changa is on a distinguished roadChimi-Changa is on a distinguished road
Looks like a Mazda?

Old 10-15-2013, 02:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
This will sell like hot cakes.
This is correct. In NY these are going to literally be everywhere. Makes me wish I had a dealership at the moment.

Regarding the buttons on the center console that is way to many. Porsche should learn from Range Rover and how they are cutting down on buttons. Some are cool but the many? Wtf?

Old 10-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Looks like the buttons around the gear lever and up control all climate functions...heated seats, fan speed, temp, defrost etc. I for one like that, click one button and I get what I want, not scrolling through many options and clicking back to change another if it were on the display screen.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:22 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
I'm in the market for a car this size now to replace our aging XC-90. I would strongly consider this over a Q5 S-Line or X3.

Old 11-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
murat0911 is on a distinguished roadmurat0911 is on a distinguished road
Auto Motor Und Sport shows Macan even earlier than LA Auto Show.

Attached Images    

Quick Reply: New Porsche Macan Reported to Debut at LA Auto Show