Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Cayenne | Panamera | Macan (https://teamspeed.com/forums/cayenne-panamera-macan/)
-   -   Decisions, decisions (https://teamspeed.com/forums/cayenne-panamera-macan/78203-decisions-decisions.html)

20C4S 02-16-2013 11:30 PM

RS4 is beautiful. love at the first sight when i saw it last year @ Paris show.

however, i would take the Cayenne GTS over the RS4 because Porsche has done right with the right packages on the GTS. RS4 is a looker on the outside but the interior is still somewhat A4-ish. it's not fair to judge how it drives since i haven't got a chance to experience it. but from my little experience with previous RS4 & current RS5, Audi hasn't convinced me. the GTS on the other hand i love very much. i also think it's a very good value for the whole package coming from Porsche. i'll take the GTS & never look back. well, unless we're talking about RS6 wagon. :D

20C4S 02-16-2013 11:36 PM

if i need a kid hauler, my poor man's RS4 attempt would be an Allroad dropped with some hot wheels. it'll be wife's car anyway. in fact, i think that's gonna happen soon.

GregV 02-16-2013 11:40 PM

That blue RS4 is amazing. That should be choice one if they bring it. It checks all the boxes and then some.
Cayenne GTS won't be anywhere bear as fast or fun to drive. I would consider an E63 wagon in that case( post facelift, with the 4matic)

Great problem to have regardless, best of luck

Redlinerobert 02-17-2013 12:04 AM

Buy a pinche burro and be done with it. :)

Chris from Cali 02-17-2013 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by GregV (Post 1416468)
That blue RS4 is amazing. That should be choice one if they bring it. It checks all the boxes and then some.
Cayenne GTS won't be anywhere bear as fast or fun to drive. I would consider an E63 wagon in that case( post facelift, with the 4matic)

Great problem to have regardless, best of luck

I'm not a fan of how E-class wagons look, or the E63 would be on the list (esp. as the new one is AWD). It really doesn't have to be THAT fast (I have my 911 for that), it just has to be fun. From my previous RS4 and time driving the RS5, the RS4 would fit that bill. If not, S7 or Cayenne GTS won't be slow either. Just waiting to hear from Audi... I'm hoping to know by May-June.

cotmfk 02-21-2013 05:11 PM

If they bring the RSQ3, I don't think they bring the RS4. Just my thoughts. I know they are two completely different cars, but i could see Audi trying push people towards RS5 or RSQ3 when they ask for an RS4.

Chris from Cali 02-21-2013 09:11 PM

You can be sure if the RS4 doesn't come, I'll create a thread with a poll to pick my next DD....

moabite 02-21-2013 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali (Post 1416319)
Thanks Dyna - I hope so, too. If it doesn't come, it'll be a decision between the S7....

I'm sure you're well aware but RS7 is coming.

Although something about it just doesn't give me the same excitement as they thought of the RS4 Avant.

SPEEDANDTECH 02-22-2013 09:22 AM

rs7 will be priced at 120k
that thing is hot as anything.
i want one but short on the cash there. :-)

Chris from Cali 02-22-2013 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by SPEEDANDTECH (Post 1417415)
rs7 will be priced at 120k
that thing is hot as anything.
i want one but short on the cash there. :-)

Same here. At $120K, I'd probably do a Panamera GTS or an S8. S7 comes in under $90K, RS4 should be low $80K (incl. ceramics), and the Cayenne GTS I spec'ed is about $95K (all before any discounts).