Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Porsche Cajun Renderings leaked Online?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011 | 05:12 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
No.92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Terrible. Miserable. Porsche is really losing the plot and sacrificing their soul at the altar of profit.
But the thing is, do you want Porsche to survive? I think they need this to keep the money rolling in to build better 911s and 918s, etc.

Old 07-15-2011 | 05:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
They are all trying to be everything to everyone. Not good IMO. Lotus is doing it, too. The only one that still seems to be on the steady track is Subaru. Porsche has built its reputation on sports cars, motorsport, and engineering. Now they are crumbling it with marketing. And how is that a stretch of the imagination? The Cayenne? Pure profit-making. Panamera? See Cayenne. The Boxster and Cayman were the right track. Cajun/Pajun/whatever other BS they come up with = no good.
But those models allow Porsche to build an epic successor to the Carrera GT like the ... ohh wait all they introduced was an overpriced hybrid thingy.

Old 07-16-2011 | 01:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Just wanted to say, that even if these renderings are real, they mean absolutley nothing, as 100s and 100s of designs inf the form of renderings and sketches are tossed around with each new Porsche. Besides, apparently these renderings were photographed without consent at a design college... So they have nothing at all to do with Porsche.

Old 07-16-2011 | 03:49 AM
Teamspeed Member
Taffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura about
That precisely my point - she's debating between two marketing exercises.

It's funny, all of a sudden, all those classic 911 guys at meets make sense.
Did you see the Top Gear review of the Evoque? Magazine reviews?

I have been in the dunes here in Dubai with my FJ Cruiser, and had a little LR2 run circles around me the way it whipped up and down....

We ended up getting a LR2 which is a fantastic car on and off road. But it stays on road, so if we wanted a robust safari vehicle we wouldn't be looking at the Evoque, but for a car that looks great, can go off road for that once a year you want to, gives my wife a sense of security in a larger vehicle and the height to see over traffic, the Evoque or Cajun meets her needs perfectly!

And I fully agree with Stoppie on these "classic 911 guys" I was back home in South Africa in April and attended a Porsche Club day there at Kyalami. The newest car in attendance was a lone 01' 996.

The local importer does not even support the club, as no one in it is within his target market. A bunch of relics sitting around discussing how Porsche went wrong changing from air cooling and has never been the same..... bla bla bla..... for a start it was regulatory reasons they did this... Idiots!! And a nice small 2.0 turbo entry SUV will also help Porsche meet emission laws on their way.....

Never in Porsche history have the turned out as many brilliant cars as the GT series in 997.... lets not forget this fact... Cayenne, Panamera, Boxster and Cayman all gave rise to this flexibility the company has to pursue its roots. If these models hadn't occurred then the air cooled club would definitely be the classic 911 club as they would reminisce about ".....do you remember when Porsche was still in business...."

Bring on the Cajun, it opens the brand to new owners and let them migrate through the ownership experience, I myself started on a Boxster S ---> Cayman S ---> 997 GT3

But if a purist sports brand is what you are looking for then I suggest you start looking at buying a Zonda/Koenigsegg/Ascari/McLaren/Noble, because all the others will already be out of business or would have succumbed to widening the appeal to survive.

I guess my beef is that it's so damned cynical that they don't even try to conceal the fact that it's marketing-driven.
Do you work for a NGO? My company is profit driven, and the only way to max out on that is to listen to the voice of the consumer and adjust your offering and portfolio on what they are looking for, sometimes you even need to include a product in there that does not fit with your traditional business, but is needed to create some volume to provide a stable base.

And once that is done, go out there and market the hell out of them to sell max volume....

The only industry this maybe does not apply to is high end luxury goods, but lets face it what car would fit into that category?

Last edited by Taffin; 07-16-2011 at 04:01 AM.