Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Porsche Cajun Renderings leaked Online?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011 | 11:22 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Terrible. Miserable. Porsche is really losing the plot and sacrificing their soul at the altar of profit.
LOL dude really? That's a major stretch of the imagination. C'mon Devil... look at BMW, or Ferrari with the FF- everyone is diversify their portfolio.

Old 07-15-2011 | 04:12 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
They are all trying to be everything to everyone. Not good IMO. Lotus is doing it, too. The only one that still seems to be on the steady track is Subaru. Porsche has built its reputation on sports cars, motorsport, and engineering. Now they are crumbling it with marketing. And how is that a stretch of the imagination? The Cayenne? Pure profit-making. Panamera? See Cayenne. The Boxster and Cayman were the right track. Cajun/Pajun/whatever other BS they come up with = no good.

Old 07-15-2011 | 04:26 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
They are all trying to be everything to everyone. Not good IMO. Lotus is doing it, too. The only one that still seems to be on the steady track is Subaru. Porsche has built its reputation on sports cars, motorsport, and engineering. Now they are crumbling it with marketing. And how is that a stretch of the imagination? The Cayenne? Pure profit-making. Panamera? See Cayenne. The Boxster and Cayman were the right track. Cajun/Pajun/whatever other BS they come up with = no good.
The good news is; you don't have to buy them. Like it or not; the Cayenne saved Porsche's ass. "Been there, done that" is there motto of almost being broke. Being hugely successful (Cayenne's are sold out everywhere- and it's EASILY the best SUV on the Market) is the name of the game. And they've got a great game.

So if you wanna turn in your 911- which, OH BTW, good luck finding another $100k sports car that is hand finished and does what that car does- ALL for only $100 grand, I'm not sure Porsche would care.

Panamera? Hate it? Well, it's the most successful Porsche- EVER. So the guys in their 968's, 911's or 993's or those driving 911's who cry on the sidelines and say " OMGZ it's horrible!! they're killing the brand!!"

Would still be the ones who are on the sidelines claiming such. All the while a 997GT3RS flies by you and tosses dust into the very tears that seem to be rolling down your face.

Like it or not, they've an obligation to their company, their employee's and more importantly- their loyal clients- to be the best company they possibly be- which means, making products that MAKE MONEY.

Devil, next time you go into a Porsche showroom, you don't have to look at anything but the 911. Or, you can go drive a bloated new M5 or E63 that if you closed your eyes you'd swear they're the same car. Oh but we're not talking about those companies who CLEARLY are meeting up after dinner and making out. Their products are so damn close its bizarre.

or is it?

Old 07-15-2011 | 04:34 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I get the whole "Cayenne saved Porsche" thing and how the business works. I guess my beef is that it's so damned cynical that they don't even try to conceal the fact that it's marketing-driven. I understand that every Cayenne and Panamera sold ensures another generation of GT3s, etc. Maybe the solution is for Porsche to start a sub-brand or something (think Toyota/Lexus/Scion/etc.) to sell 4-door cars, while keeping the sports cars as "Porsches". I don't know...

I still love the brand, but I'm not pleased with the direction. Since you sell them, I'm sure you know that the great majority of Panamera buyers are new to the brand. That means that Porsche is just another luxury car, not a benchmark, not a legend... Disappointing.

I'm still going to keep buying Porsches, but I think my interest in the latest ones will continue to wane. I've got my eye on some earlier models these days.

Old 07-15-2011 | 04:38 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
Dude, it's out of hands. Those of us who think about that stuff are clearly, in the minority. The majority of the buyers are voting with their wallets. And if it wasn't for the Cayenne and Panamera- Porsche, in todays market, would be hurting- badly. again.

Old 07-15-2011 | 04:52 PM
Teamspeed Member
Taffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura about
I was hoping for the upper picture, but will probably be more like the lower one......

Porsche’s Cajun rumored to have a three door version by 2014 | Automotor Blog

Attached Images   
Old 07-15-2011 | 04:54 PM
Teamspeed Member
Taffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura about
I still love the brand, but I'm not pleased with the direction. Since you sell them, I'm sure you know that the great majority of Panamera buyers are new to the brand. That means that Porsche is just another luxury car, not a benchmark, not a legend... Disappointing.
my wife love the Evoque, but given a choice, she would rather have the Cajun. she finds the Cayenne to large

Old 07-15-2011 | 05:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Chris (STOPPIE), I have to agree with you. Notice how right after the Panamera was launched, Porsche went insane with their sports cars. The new GT3 RS, the Boxster Spyder, the Cayman R, the RS 4.0, the GT2 RS etc. Personally I don't believe the development of a lot of these cars would be possible without the Cayenne and Panamera.

For the future, there are more big, market pleasing vehicles coming. The Cajun (a 3 door SUV is just, well ridiculous and unnecessary, but then again, the Q5 is a much better car IMHO than the Q7), the Pajun (I imagine that being a smaller, lighter, better looking version of the Panamera).

With these new disconnected to the roots cars, also comes plenty of sports cars. A new 550 (reports claim as standard, it will be stripped out, much like the current Spyder, and yes, a manual roof!), the new 961 (I just hope it's absolutley amazing), the 918 Spyder (even if it's a flop, it will have an immense impact on the design of future Porsches, and... Well just look at the 918!! Easily one of the most gorgeous Porsches ever), and I bet plenty of other special Boxster/Cayman/911 editions.

So if these big SUVs and sedans mean, better more developed sports cars, bring it on!

Old 07-15-2011 | 05:07 PM
Watch this space.
Originally Posted by Taffin
my wife love the Evoque, but given a choice, she would rather have the Cajun. she finds the Cayenne to large
That precisely my point - she's debating between two marketing exercises.

It's funny, all of a sudden, all those classic 911 guys at meets make sense.

Old 07-15-2011 | 05:10 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
^^^^ funny, most of those guys at the classic 911 meets either were just teens when the 911 they own came out or haven't purchased a Porsche product in over 25 years. And when they DID buy them? Uhm, ya.....Porsche had one foot in the grave. So bitch and moan all you want. Porsche is a car company here to stay. They weren't profitable back in those days....

Who the F cares if they build this little bugger? Don't effing buy one! Stick to your 911- but remember, your beloved 997 never would have saw the light of day if not for the creation of the Cayenne!!

when the F will the day come that people some bitching and whining like babies when they come out with a different product?

Last edited by STOPPIE; 07-15-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Porsche Cajun Renderings leaked Online?