Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Rendered: Porsche Panamera Facelift

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Teamspeed Member
Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
It's prettier but still ugly, I hope they get it right with the face lift or next model year like they did with the Cayenne.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Looks great! I think the overall problem with the Panny rear is the bulbous lower rear quarters. The car needs more of a squared-off, flatter rear end than the rounded shape. When I had mine, I loved the look from directly behind as it showed off the strong shoulders, but the side view was just too round.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
I greatly appreciate the kind words everyone!

Originally Posted by SL55K
When do we expect a facelift to come out?
The Panamera came out in April of 2009, and a facelift typically follows 3.5 years later, which places a facelift at late 2012.

Originally Posted by O2Supply
You managed to make the hideous back of the normal car and make it surprisingly attractive.
Thanks! I really tried!

Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
Very nice. I still wish they could tighten up the buldge under the tail lights. Just bring it in a tad.
I agree. The roof line is just too rounded and long for a hatch, and the rear bumper is bulgy, huge, and just plain ghastly!

Originally Posted by dallascajun
Looks great! I think the overall problem with the Panny rear is the bulbous lower rear quarters. The car needs more of a squared-off, flatter rear end than the rounded shape. When I had mine, I loved the look from directly behind as it showed off the strong shoulders, but the side view was just too round.
Exactly. And, the tail lights look to "luxurious" and "soft", not sporty or aggressive enough. From a physical POV, there is no lying that the Panamera has a fat rear end. This is due to how wide and flat the car is, how the roof slopes, and the shoulders. From a design POV, Porsche did a bad job hiding the fat. They placed the tail lights really high up, and then to diffuse the empty space between them and the diffuser they placed an overload of badges and some bulges to make it look slimmer. What I did was lower the tail lights a lot and slim them out. Since the tail lights were lower, there was no longer the need for the crease to exist in it's full size on the bumper that was previously there to slim the look. Also, there was no longer a need for all of those annoying badges. In place of them I put a 918 style duck tail, which is functional, aggressive, and most importantly when talking about the Panamera, attractive!

I remember in an interview a while back, Michael Mauer (head of Porsche automotive design) said that he took into account the criticism about the Panamera's rear, and said he would improve upon it, and the cues wouldn't be seen in future cars. I hope the facelift does a better job at hiding the fat, and looks more aggressive!

Last edited by Carrera; 05-18-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:54 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Nice work bud!

Old 05-18-2011, 11:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Blue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond repute
They should just discontinue this car.

Great shop nonetheless!

Old 05-18-2011, 11:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Blue4reF1
They should just discontinue this car.

Great shop nonetheless!
Along with the Cayenne! They claim these cars bring in the profits, but fail to realize they wouldn't have to pay for the Leipzig plant anymore if these cars weren't made.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:52 PM
Teamspeed Member
iceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the roughiceman912 is a jewel in the rough
Ooooohhh NOOOoooo....now i hv to prepare myself to get the facelift. I love the panny now. But i like your rendering better. Welldone

Old 05-19-2011, 12:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
clemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond repute
That looks awesome man! Such an improvement over the current design

Old 05-19-2011, 01:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
RonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond repute
Love it!

Old 05-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Turboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond repute
carrera this is one of your best ideas/photoshops. maybe not the quality but to put these new taillights on a panamera. looks stunning.

Quick Reply: Rendered: Porsche Panamera Facelift