Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Recommended head unit for the Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 11:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
Recommended head unit for the Cayenne

So, I have a 2005 Cayenne Turbo with the Nav and Bose option as stock, and I want to switch out the head unit for something with better nav, bluetooth and iPod connectivity. Key questions are:

1) What head unit? I'm leaning towards the Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT, but I'm open to ideas.
2) Will it work with the factory GPS receiver?
3) What about a backup camera? I don't have one, and it would be nice to have one when I have tint, and my subdivision doesn't believe in nighttime illumination. Is it a simple installation?
4) Speaking of installation, is it relatively straightforward, or are there any nasty gremlins befalling the unwary?

Answers will be repped to the best of my ability.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Former Sponsor
NAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond reputeNAV-TV has a reputation beyond repute
You will need the Cayenne MOST-HUR from NAV-TV. This is the Only way to swap out your Head unit and retain the factory wiring, amps etc -

- Landing Page - It says Cayman 911, Boxster - but the 955 Kit will work on the Cayenne too -