Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Cajun is comfirmed by Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010 | 11:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
Have you posted your new Cayenne yet Tim?
Thanks for asking.

I have the CTT for almost 3 years already. Here's a group picture of my blue Porsches.

(Sorry for going off-topic.)

Attached Images  
Old 12-01-2010 | 12:38 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Good financially but dilutes the brand. Ferdinand himself said Porsche could build anything as long as it was better than the rest. However a cheap, mass produced vehicle in my mind, isn't a Porsche. Even if it bares the crest.

Old 12-01-2010 | 01:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Nicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond repute
The car will porpably be great, but no, I don't either think Porsche should make it.

That being said, I have to sort of disagree with Stoppie. This car does have a market, but just not propably in the USA. Cayenne, e-class etc. is just too big for some places, it's not about not being able to afford the bigger version, it's about not just being able to fit hte car anywhere in the city. X3, 1 Series, Audi A3, Q5, MB A, B and C , etc. series are doing great here in Europe.

Old 12-01-2010 | 07:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
This thread needs more random renders so that people who are too lazy to read think this is how it's gonna look like.

Old 12-01-2010 | 07:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Cajun is just the project name. Doubtful it'll be called that. I just can't fathom having this on my showroom floor.

We're not Mercedes, or BMW or Audi. Not everyone should be driving a Porsche. Here in the United States we already have issues with the way we view cars. Mercedes came out with the C Class coupe, that car did miserably. And received lots of harsh comments from S Class and E Class owners. - Now, MB is on top again and getting cocky. They're releasing ANOTHER C Class Coupe.

Why? If your budget doesn't fit a lease on a new C Class, why not a nice CPO Mercedes as your first? Just look at BMW's 1 series if you need a refresher course on what not to do. 1 Series sales are pathetic. The car is priced wayyy to high and ppl in the US just make fun of the car.

Cayman sales are a joke as well. Great car, but priced wrong. If you're looking at a $60k Porsche as your 1st, you're more than likely to go get a CPO 997. It IS the 911 after all.

One of the motivations to choose a Porsche is the exclusivity and brand recognition it carries. It's just the truth. Sure Porsche's are great values- but the name brand IS a factor in the decision.

Making a less expensive SUV achieves what? A Porsche for the daughter? *great*.

They'll make them, and of course, I'll sell them to the best of my ability. But I don't see how this going to bode well for the Porsche brand over all. Knowing who you are is something I see Automakers falter on quite often. Porsche should not be attainable for everyone. They need to maintain that exclusivity. That mystery. To remain a brand that people will consistently dream about. Offering this less expensive SUV puts into a category (mentally) with the likes of MB, BMW or Audi. - Not that they aren't great automakers, clearly they are. But because Porsche is NOT them. Nor should they have any desire to BE like them. In any fashion.

Just my personal views. I still respect Porsche & Co. But I wish instead of hiding in the board room, most of the Exec's actually spent time on the front lines- IN the showroom, sitting shoulder to shoulder with the Sales Managers and Sales People.

Do this for ONE month. 1 month. And I think they'd learn a tremendous amount of valuable information about the Porsche client.
Well said

PS. I look forward to the day when Porsche kill the narrow body 911....

Last edited by Zymi; 12-01-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old 12-02-2010 | 12:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
barebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jhall2
When can I place an order for my next pick up truck!!! Ridiculous.
If porsch made a pickup and it was not plastic, I would buy it.

Old 12-02-2010 | 04:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond repute
Not a big fan but it could be worse... They could be adding some accessories to a tiny Toyota and call it a Cygnet (ugly duckling). Now that would be brand damaging...

Old 12-02-2010 | 06:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
I saw an Audi Q5 today, and then I thought how much better it is than the Q7. Then, I realized that the Cajun will be in theory what the Q5 is to the Q7, but with the Cayenne. That gave a little bit of hope, but then again, Porsche isn't an SUV manufacturer, and the name Cajun is so stupid. And STOPPIE, the project name for the Panamera was Panamera, so I'm pretty sure Cajun (yuck) will be the name.

Also, just wanted to say, if you noticed, the Panamera was the MOST anticipated Porsche ever built. Fact.

Old 12-02-2010 | 06:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Cajun will not be the name.

Old 12-02-2010 | 11:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
I really hope so.

A number name (9XX) would be cool, but that's not going to happen. A name relating to their history like Florio, or Panamericana would be kind of cool. Of course neither of those names though, but something similar.

Quick Reply: Cajun is comfirmed by Porsche