Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

New Panamera Options Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 03:57 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Jhall2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question New Panamera Options Question

I'm in the middle of ordering a new Panny Turbo. I want to track the car no more than a couple times a year, should I order the car with PCCB's?

Old 11-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
You want to track a Panamera?? I guess if you really have to, I would go with the PCCB's.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Though PCCB's aren't a necessity at all and you'd do just fine without them, if you can easily afford them get them.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
^ True but at the track with such a Heavy Car they will def. Help.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:33 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
the car is bloody expensive at the start, the PCCB's are pricey and just get aftermarket brake pads and better wheel/tyres combo I guess.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:40 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
First of all, if you want to track the car- PCCB's or Steel will do just fine. The PCCB's will reduce weight at each corner- and I love the brake feed back and lack of dust from them.

If it was my Panny Turbo or Cayenne Turbo, I'd not order a car w/o them. You won't get much in terms of resale/trade in value on them;but they are awesome to drive with.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
They do fill up a wheel very nicely!

Old 11-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
If cost is not an issue, why not? I certainly would if I didn't mind the $8K hit.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
kraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud of
I would forgo the ceramics and divert those funds towards tires as that heavy pig will tear through them at a costly rate at the track.

It is a massively fun car and would be a blast at the track but this car would definitely be a tire eater.

Additionally, brake dust is not very bad at all during DD duty. Certainly not as bad as many VAG cars I have seen.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
The order is submitted, I went ahead with the PCCB's. I figured what the hell. When you spend that much money on a vehicle you may as well get it with everything you want. Thanks for the advice. I'll post some pics when she gets in, should be Feb.

Quick Reply: New Panamera Options Question