Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Baby Cayenne could be called the 'Cajun'

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010 | 01:45 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Blue4reF1
I preferred the days before the Cayenne and Panny
993 / 964 days, golden times

Old 09-28-2010 | 02:10 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
EVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond repute
I know what you guys mean, but it was also a time when Porsche wasn't making money, we need to support them with their products! They would have been bought out or bankrupt with only those cars. Without the Boxster, Cayenne and Panamera they wouldn't be developing such amazing cars like the 918 Spyder or GT3 Hybrids for racing. Practicality is profit for Porsche!

Old 09-28-2010 | 03:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
993 / 964 days, golden times
Couldn't agree more

Originally Posted by EVS Motors Inc.
I know what you guys mean, but it was also a time when Porsche wasn't making money, we need to support them with their products! They would have been bought out or bankrupt with only those cars. Without the Boxster, Cayenne and Panamera they wouldn't be developing such amazing cars like the 918 Spyder or GT3 Hybrids for racing. Practicality is profit for Porsche!
Yes. The brand is already making enough money from high end luxury/sporty saloon and an SUV. Why drag the brand down more with cheaper models? I'm not against them producing more models, but don't forget what the brand represents!

Old 09-28-2010 | 03:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porschecarreragtmay6
^^ I hope so. And I think you mean Tiguan. The Routan is a van.
Wouldn't put it past them anymore.

Old 09-28-2010 | 04:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Clubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche have closed its doors after 993 with the end of air-cooled cars...

These are all part of the same compromise trend and don't get me started that cayennes and pannys pay for the special cars... There were no monster trucks or circus sedans when Porsche build the 2.7 RS or the 993 GT2 (True Widowmaker..)

Old 09-28-2010 | 09:01 PM
|
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
I hope Porsche doesn't make this car at all. The new Cayenne is perfect. It has the utility of a larger SUV, and the looks of a small sporty SUV. I tried to render this 'Cajun', but the current Cayenne looks small, and very beautiful. The problem with the render is you can't tell the proportions at all, so no matter what, it just looks like a face-lifted Cayenne.

Porsche, there's no need for a car like this, and 'Cajun' is a really silly name. I'm a purist, and I accepted the Panamera, and now accept the Cayenne, because you proved neither of them had compromise. Both are sports cars. That's great, but there's no need to prove yourselves again with another SUV. The only reason would be for money. Prove yourselves with a small under-the-Boxster sportscar. It will stay 100% Porsche, it will be a new idea from the past, and it will supply funds for motorsports.

Last edited by Carrera; 09-28-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Old 09-28-2010 | 11:07 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
EVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hattawi
Couldn't agree more

Yes. The brand is already making enough money from high end luxury/sporty saloon and an SUV. Why drag the brand down more with cheaper models? I'm not against them producing more models, but don't forget what the brand represents!

Well that I don't know about, I have no idea what its gonna cost. But yea I do agree, but hopefully they will still be considered a premium in that class. Just like the Cayenne is considered expensive when loaded with optional equipment that should be standard. I was able to option out a Panamera S for a customer of mine that cost $145,000 which started at $89k!

Old 09-28-2010 | 11:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
they should call it the jalapeno.

Old 09-29-2010 | 10:43 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Clubber
Porsche have closed its doors after 993 with the end of air-cooled cars...

These are all part of the same compromise trend and don't get me started that cayennes and pannys pay for the special cars... There were no monster trucks or circus sedans when Porsche build the 2.7 RS or the 993 GT2 (True Widowmaker..)
Ohhh stop it. This arguement doesn't hold water. LOL

Old 10-01-2010 | 11:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
sk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond repute

Quick Reply: Baby Cayenne could be called the 'Cajun'