Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Panamera Clear Side Markers - BumperPlugs

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Panamera Clear Side Markers - BumperPlugs

I currently have my orange side markers covered in a dark window tint film, but found the Panamera Clear Side Markers from BumperPlugs that I'm interested in replacing the stock markers. I have a couple of questions that I'm looking for feedback:
  • Installation: has anyone here purchased these and installed them? Given the design of the bumper cover, this doesn't look to be as simple as replacing the side markers from a 911 or Boxster/Cayman.
  • How does it look? Does anyone have any pics to share?

BumperPlugs.com Order Page

Search for 'Panamera' and it will be in the Clear Lighting section.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
OK, apparently all you have to do to figure this out is get off your duff and check the owners manual...

Page 313: It's as simple as turning the front wheel to the inside (depending on the side your trying to change), and inserting a screwdriver into the access hole to release the cap, then it pops out...

It looks like I'll be buying some clear side markers as soon as the dark tint begins to peel (which doesn't look like it will be too long).

Old 09-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Can't wait to see how much better it looks...

Do you miss your C2S?

Old 09-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dallascajun
I currently have my orange side markers covered in a dark window tint film, but found the Panamera Clear Side Markers from BumperPlugs that I'm interested in replacing the stock markers. I have a couple of questions that I'm looking for feedback:
  • Installation: has anyone here purchased these and installed them? Given the design of the bumper cover, this doesn't look to be as simple as replacing the side markers from a 911 or Boxster/Cayman.
  • How does it look? Does anyone have any pics to share?

BumperPlugs.com Order Page

Search for 'Panamera' and it will be in the Clear Lighting section.
BTW, my dealer said they were getting them in when I picked up our P4S I just haven't followed up on it. I know Eric and he is a great guy but you might check there as well. Like you said in post 2, I need to get off my duff and order them as well.... Post pics!

Old 09-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud of
I'd paint them to match the car...
That's what all the BMW guys do, and it looks much cleaner.

Painted > Euro > tinted > stock.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
falb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JamesCaton
I'd paint them to match the car...
That's what all the BMW guys do, and it looks much cleaner.

Painted > Euro > tinted > stock.
Rest of World > painted > tinted > stock

Old 09-03-2010, 11:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by falb
Rest of World > painted > tinted > stock

Agreed.
DOT finds ways to subtly mess with any good car brought to america.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:19 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
suncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond reputesuncoastric has a reputation beyond repute
Falb-> Looks great with the Euro bumper, well done!

Old 09-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
I'm actually a fan of the marker lights. And not always a fan of the clear corners. Guess me likey the OEM look.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jamescaton
agreed.
Dot Finds Ways To Subtly Mess With Any Good Car Brought To America.
Agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!

Quick Reply: Panamera Clear Side Markers - BumperPlugs