Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

SharkWerks Cayenne Bypass Exhaust Release

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010 | 06:33 PM
|
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Talking SharkWerks Cayenne Bypass Exhaust Release

Hey folks, I just wanted to show what we've been working on for the 955 and 957 Cayenne models (2004-2010).

We are often asked for exhaust options for the Cayenne, and often times we are asked for a "sporty" solution that is not too loud. Usually owners also want to reduce the back pressure somewhat, especially on Turbo models.

Removing the OEM secondary catalytic converters seems to be the key to achieving both of these goals at a reasonable price. The primary cats are efficient enough to keep the emissions levels very low on these vehicles, and the horsepower benefits are significant.

Here's the OEM secondary cats, removed from a 2009 Cayenne Turbo:

And the honeycomb guts of the cat, where the exhaust restriction occurs:

The simplest approach was to replace these secondary cats with straight pipes. Using stainless steel and a CNC mandrel tube bender, we created a single-piece, high-flow tube to take its place. We created an analog to the OEM system that still uses OEM-sized diameter tubing and a factory fit flange for installation.

We also made an extra effort to use the OEM catalyst mounts by designing compatible hangers.

We have found that when bypassing these catalytic converters, a lack of OEM-positioned hangers can lead to vibration, rattling, contact with chassis, and extra stress on the primary cats in front of the system. It can also cause the muffler and pipes at the rear of the car to rattle. In other words, these hangers are critical to the entire exhaust system's operation.

Weighing the OEM system:

Total weight: 28.46 lbs.

Weighing the Shark Werks Cayenne bypass system:

Total weight: 10.38 lbs.

A side benefit is the weight savings of around 18 lbs.

The system also includes OEM Porsche exhaust gaskets to replace on the vehicle. The typical installation time is between 1.5 to 2-hours. This is the one of the easiest ways to make a Cayenne, S, or Turbo model sound a bit sportier while adding some horsepower.

Summary:
- Increased horsepower and better throttle response
- Sporty, more aggressive sounding exhaust
- Reduced turbo lag on "Turbo" and "Turbo S" models
- Weight savings of around 18 lbs (10 lbs, versus 28 lbs with OEM system)
- No "Check Engine" lights

For more check out our product page:
Shark Werks Cayenne Bypass Exhaust for Cayenne S / Turbo - SharkWerks Porsche Performance Experts in Northern California Bay Area (510-651-0300)

And if you have any questions just Email me to alex@sharkwerks.com

Old 08-08-2010 | 07:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I take it this system works on the 2008 GTS? My mother has a birthday coming up, but fitting her car with one of these would be more of a gift for me Great price though, I'm seriously tempted.

Old 09-01-2010 | 12:22 AM
Former Sponsor
Dan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SharkWerks has a reputation beyond repute
Video showing a modified Cayenne Turbo S that we added the bypass to:
YouTube - SharkWerks.com Cayenne Bypass Exhaust Kit

Old 09-01-2010 | 12:24 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Its fast and sounds nice, I'd do straight pipes if I had a CTTS.

Old 09-17-2010 | 09:48 PM
|
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
Its fast and sounds nice, I'd do straight pipes if I had a CTTS.
Actually these do fit the Cayenne S you know Want to try them? We're shipping stuff to Kuwait and Saudi next week anyways