Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Turbo wing on a 4S?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 03:47 PM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
Turbo wing is cool. I thought it was not interchangeable, though.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
gotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant future
This is according to my dealer. The tech says it's a plug and play. The part is a genuine turbo part and not an aftermarket sourced one.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
gotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant futuregotboost? has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by dallascajun
Which generates a couple of questions:

1) how much do these cost?
2) Any prefered suppliers other than local dealer? Suncoast usually ends up as my default.
3) Is this a DIY Plug/Play project, or are most people better off having the dealer do the work.
Cost is right around $2k plus install from what I have gathered so far. Maybe Suncoast can get better pricing. After watching a few things being done on the car and seeing how complicated this car is, I am going to stick to having the dealer do it.

Old 06-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I sent a couple of emails out for pricing...but at that price range, my interest just passed.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Bah i failed bad. Looked at avatar and just thought that OP was refering to a 997 Turbo wing on a 997 C4S. My bad.

*Goes back to smoking the good shit*

Old 06-12-2010, 03:11 PM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dallascajun
I sent a couple of emails out for pricing...but at that price range, my interest just passed.

It costs a few bucks for sure. I also feel (and no disrespect to OP) like the turbo wing is exclusive to the turbo. Personally, I would not put one on an S or 4S because it takes something away from that. I'm not using the term 'poser' because I don't see it that way. The wing is cool but it belongs on a turbo. My .02

Old 06-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Smile

Originally Posted by ktvegas
It costs a few bucks for sure. I also feel (and no disrespect to OP) like the turbo wing is exclusive to the turbo. Personally, I would not put one on an S or 4S because it takes something away from that. I'm not using the term 'poser' because I don't see it that way. The wing is cool but it belongs on a turbo. My .02
I here ya. No offense taken.. However, it's no different than 997 or 997tt guys putting on GT3 front bumpers or 997tt guys putting on GT2 rear wings on their cars. Even though certain parts are exclusive to a particular car, putting some of those parts on a different model sometimes makes it unique IMO..

The only reason I am looking at the turbo wing is becuase none of the aftermarket tuners have a wing worth putting on the car (plus the whole functionality of it is pretty darn cool). The factory wing on the S and 4S is pretty weak in my opinion and doesn't do the car justice. Both the Techart and Speedart rear wings are ugly and not worth spending money on.

Old 06-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool. Do it Mike!

YouTube - Panamera-Spoiler

Old 06-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by bonehead
Very cool. Do it Mike!

YouTube - Panamera-Spoiler
Ed, I am sure glad that you are not my money manager.... Actually, I'm waiting for my exhaust first. Then the wing. I want to do this car in steps and enjoy it.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by gotboost?
(plus the whole functionality of it is pretty darn cool). The factory wing on the S and 4S is pretty weak in my opinion and doesn't do the car justice.
That's EXACTLY where I'm coming from. The Turbo wing is just cool...whereas the S/4S spoiler does come across as an afterthought. I actually wish I could disengage it when I'm cruising below 80 or so...it just doesn't look all that great. And the way I see it, most of the people that might think I'm putting on the 'poser' look will be other Panamera owners, and they'll know that I'd rather be in a PTT anyway

Quick Reply: Turbo wing on a 4S?