Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Complete Best MOTORing - Panamera

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 10:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Pierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond repute
Old 05-31-2010, 11:50 PM
sal
Teamspeed Senior Member
sal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant future
Those videos were awesome. Even though I didn't understand a word spoken in any. I was somewhat amazed at how much faster the Turbo was than the Carrera 4S, but it looked like the Panny got a jump start off the line.

Sweet videos DJ

Old 06-01-2010, 07:45 PM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
Yay, my little S car didn't come in last! Those guys were funny, I like how they laughed when they passed each other. I didn't get a word of it but it was very entertaining. The Pan Turbo is a beast.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I was surprised by two things:

1) Both Panny's had issues maintaining their lead around the turn. Even the LS460 was able to make up ground on the P2S around the turn. What's the deal with a PORSCHE not maintaining a lead when dealt a curve?
2) Just how easily the PTT outran the E63 off the line and in the back straight. I know it's a beast, but so is that E63. Does the AWD make that much of a difference? If so, that doesn't explain how the E63 seemed to gain some ground on the PTT once it hit the turn.

What I would love to see is the P2S directly across from the PTT, and what the gaps would be...

Old 06-02-2010, 01:58 AM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
Come on, the Lexus was sad. The only reason it was ahead off the line is because the P2S probably had wheel spin. Maybe I should watch it again but I didn't see the LS460 making up ground. I knew the P2S wouldn't stand a chance against the Benz.

Yes, imo, the AWD makes a difference. That gap would be huge. PTT>P2S

Old 06-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I didn't say the Lexus was close, but it most certainly made up ground around the bend. The same with all of the other cars. The Panny's build a lead off of the start, but then seem to lose ground around the turn, only to stretch it out again once they hit the back straightaway.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Great job to the Panamera Turbo. I'm also really surprised that the Panamera Turbo managed a faster lap time than the 911 C4S. Great job to Porsche. I love how he took the E63 on the absolute last turn. The C4S is slower in a straight line, but it beats on track.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:09 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I was astonished by the acceleration of the 911 C4S