Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Panamera already best-selling Porsche in U.S.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010 | 12:50 PM
DJ
|
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Panamera already best-selling Porsche in U.S.

"There are a some Porsche enthusiasts who feel every Porsche should have a boxer engine in the boot, but each and every month the sales totals tell us that customers are far more interested in vehicles they can live with on a daily basis. The large-and-in-charge Cayenne is a perfect example. It's certainly not a 911 at five-feet tall and 4,400 lbs., yet the big SUV continuously sells in higher volume here in the U.S. than its sportier stablemates.

With Porsche in the middle of changing over to the 2011 Cayenne, the 911 and
Cayman/Boxster had a solid opportunity to come out on top, but April's sales figures shows that the newest of Porsches, the four-door Panamera, shot right to the head of the class. The decidedly front-engined, boxer-less Porsche Panamera routed its stablemates with 678 sales, the big sedan's best month yet. Those 678 sales are nearly double that of the 911, its next closest competitor in the Porsche line-up."
Source [Autoblog] via [Porsche]

Old 05-11-2010 | 12:52 PM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche sales will be even stronger with new Cayenne hitting the market soon. Great that they are pulling out of depression.

Old 05-11-2010 | 12:53 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
not surprised everyone that has a 911 is sticking with em for a while imho. the pan while not my cup of tea hits a whole new market and should out sell all others. funny I thought that Porsche was going to stop making the Cayennes is that not true now?

Old 05-11-2010 | 02:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ

"There are a some Porsche enthusiasts who feel every Porsche should have a boxer engine in the boot, but each and every month the sales totals tell us that customers are far more interested in vehicles they can live with on a daily basis. The large-and-in-charge Cayenne is a perfect example. It's certainly not a 911 at five-feet tall and 4,400 lbs., yet the big SUV continuously sells in higher volume here in the U.S. than its sportier stablemates.

With Porsche in the middle of changing over to the 2011 Cayenne, the 911 and
Cayman/Boxster had a solid opportunity to come out on top, but April's sales figures shows that the newest of Porsches, the four-door Panamera, shot right to the head of the class. The decidedly front-engined, boxer-less Porsche Panamera routed its stablemates with 678 sales, the big sedan's best month yet. Those 678 sales are nearly double that of the 911, its next closest competitor in the Porsche line-up."
Source [Autoblog] via [Porsche]
Huh, whatadya know bout that.......

Originally Posted by h20skier
funny I thought that Porsche was going to stop making the Cayennes is that not true now?
There's an all new 2011 model about to debut next month.

I had read early reports that VW was going to axe both the Cayenne and the Panamera but why in your right mind would you kill off that large of a chunk of your sales?

Old 05-11-2010 | 03:20 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
I am starting to see a lot of Panameras down here... and I am starting to like them more and more. The profile is still funny looking, but on the road they are wide, low and quite large.

Old 05-11-2010 | 03:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
I friggin love the Pan! Wish i had a need for one

Old 05-11-2010 | 04:00 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
Trade in the ML. You said you wanted a toy so get the Pam Turbo.

Old 05-11-2010 | 04:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
What recession??

Old 05-11-2010 | 04:09 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
But you don't like any of mine Oh Wait that's Pam's

Originally Posted by GrayTT
What recession??
recession still strong here and we are in the same business. Good to hear it's gone on your end

Old 05-11-2010 | 04:11 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Oh come on - stop with this getting-used-to-it nonsense or even acknowledging that it is, in fact, a brilliant car. It still looks like they had their own designers for one half of it and outsourced the other to a blind idiot with no sense of aesthetics, perspective or even Porsche heritage. Unless you want to be greeted with the automotive equivalent of Kim Kardash...-what's-her-face out on your driveway every morning, get something that isn't so mindnumbingly horrifying, please.

Quick Reply: Panamera already best-selling Porsche in U.S.