Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Panamera Owners Here: Porsche recalls 2010 Panamera over potential seatbelt failure

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
I don't like how the letters S-T-R-I-K-E-R form a word. It's ugly.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
Every piece I have read from any auto magazine doing an article on this car claim the Panamera is a huge design FAIL. That is what sticks to the car for life like it or not. These are people that are paid to review cars. I named my source. Beyond that most think the car is great in every other way. But that's like saying a woman has a great personality but she ugly. Looks count a lot in the car business. The fact that the thread mentions a seat belt failure doesn’t preclude the fact that car in question is still a fright to look at. I think the people at Porsche know that at this point. It’s just a matter of what they do with it that counts now. Never saw a front engine Porsche that ever lasted. A 911 is a Porsche. Anything else is just metal with a Porsche Logo stuck on it.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
myTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to behold
It is surprising that porsche is having an issue (although it may be minor). That is not like porsche.

Oh, and the best name i've heard for the Panamera is a pregnant guppy (not to be bashing on porsche).

Old 04-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Striker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by strebo
I don't like how the letters S-T-R-I-K-E-R form a word. It's ugly.
It's ok, I like you because you're from Sweden and Sweden has pretty girls!

Ever since Porsche existed they were known for their design.. through the years nothing have changed in Porsche. A 2 year old would recognize a Porsche a mile away...Now, for the sake of money they've created the Cayenne and the Panamera...Porsche is UNIQUE...I wouldn't want to have to own a Porsche Cayenne that shares its engine with an Audi Q7 or a VW Tourage!

It's a PORSCHE.

Anyway, how could Porsche screw up with a belt issue!!!! Problems are starting to emerge with new cars!! Hopefully, this will be the first and the last of it!

Old 04-26-2010, 09:20 PM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Striker
Why so feisty ktvegas?

No one got hurt. Contrarily, Bashing the recall and Panamera could lead to a comparison between the new Aston Rapide and learn that the Panamera is better in a lot of ways but is still poor towards the styling department!

As I said, you are entitled to your opinion, it just seemed out of place in this thread. I am entitled to be bored with people that have nothing better to do than criticize. As for the AM and Panamera comparison, well..that's old, too.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I love the panny and have only heard rave reviews!!

Old 04-26-2010, 10:57 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
dadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura about
Gotta agree with KT on this. The thread is about the recall. Bashing the looks, or praising the looks, are both wrong for this thread and there are plenty of other threads about those issues, or the Aston Martin etc. It's about thread discipline, which is necessary to make the forum most useful. Nothing personal, just saying.....

Old 04-26-2010, 11:54 PM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dadc4s
It's about thread discipline, which is necessary to make the forum most useful. Nothing personal, just saying.....
This was really the only point I was trying to make. Well put. My feathers were a little ruffled is all. PMS

Old 04-27-2010, 12:07 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
All together now:

It isn't a safety issue. It's Porsche's 'perfection issue'. This was voluntary via PCNA/PAG. Two, count'em- Two washers- one on the driver side, the other on the passenger side- make the anchors tighter to the chassis.

Thats it. You knuckleheads. LOL

Old 04-27-2010, 08:02 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Striker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond repute
^ Yes, I'm getting worried...Porsche were "perfectionists" till they started making new cars and now you see some problems popping up!!!

It is a safety issue too!! It's something that's holding your life, literally!

Quick Reply: Panamera Owners Here: Porsche recalls 2010 Panamera over potential seatbelt failure