Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Cayenne Turbo HDR photo

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
porschespeeddemon is on a distinguished roadporschespeeddemon is on a distinguished roadporschespeeddemon is on a distinguished roadporschespeeddemon is on a distinguished roadporschespeeddemon is on a distinguished roadporschespeeddemon is on a distinguished road
Cayenne Turbo HDR photo

Just realized I hadn't gotten this posted up on TS yet so here it is. I went for a drive late last summer, and found myself near the top of Loveland Pass, and decided to try a bit of HDR....Here is my pleasantly surprising result. This version is completely untouched other than merging, removing a spec in the clouds, and plate #. Oh and this was 100% Handheld

Edit:Link to Fullsize, if it gives you a page error, try refreshing the page.
http://image96.webshots.com/96/6/14/...1XeOaRn_fs.jpg

Last edited by porschespeeddemon; 04-19-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:14 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
^^ looks like chrome, very cool job!

Old 04-20-2010, 01:31 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Pierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond reputePierre996TT has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet car....!!
Sweet place....!!
I miss Colorado....!!

Old 04-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
porschespeeddemon is on a distinguished roadporschespeeddemon is on a distinguished roadporschespeeddemon is on a distinguished roadporschespeeddemon is on a distinguished roadporschespeeddemon is on a distinguished roadporschespeeddemon is on a distinguished road
Thanks!

Old 04-20-2010, 10:39 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
emag remrofni is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm gonna have to say I'm not digging the HDR on this. The image looks flat with a lot of ghosting. Why don't you just try a two image blend? You have a nice background, try it out and see where it gets you.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:10 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by emag remrofni
I'm gonna have to say I'm not digging the HDR on this. The image looks flat with a lot of ghosting. Why don't you just try a two image blend? You have a nice background, try it out and see where it gets you.
Thanks for the comments. I tried a 2 image blend, but didn't like the results. I know what you mean about the ghosting, and have tried blending some away with software, but as I said it was handheld and attempt #1, so hopefully the results only get better. Some images look nice with just a hint of HDR, while the same image can look cool, though completely "fake" at the other extreme, but either way it's fun to play around with.