Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

24 hours in a Porsche Panamera Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by terrence
Drove it several times, on roads and on track. Its a great car to drive and has great build quality. Materials inside are first class.

The deal breaker for me are its looks and the price. At $150K for a moderately equipped turbo, I would rather pay less and get an S63 or the next B7 that looks better and can hold five people and has a bigger trunk. My 4-door car just needs to give me all kinds of luxuries and practicality with a dose of fun on streets and highways. I don't need it to compete with my sports cars in the canyons or the tracks.

When they make the 928 and make it look better, then it may be interesting...
I agree; but remember you've got a lot of toys.... the Panny's we've sold are to guys / girls who just want MORE sports car and less luxury and who don't own any other sports car.

Infact I've sold more to the S550/S63 crowd then anyone else. I think with a list of fantastic sports cars like you have I would want the S63 as well. But keep in mind, the S63 is RWD only whereas you can have your 4 seater, 500hp and AWD in the Panny.

I think what I've gotten for feedback is, for the most part those whom won't commit to the car aren't really sold on the 'looks' of the car.

And that I can understand.

A typical S63 is around 140+, so 155 for a panny isnt a stretch for this client. Consider also that the Panny requires LESS service. No A, B or C service, just an oil change once a year or 12k. And that's roughly $150 bucks.

End of the day if you're not attracted to the car physically (especially) at this price point, then it's not going to happen.

Last edited by STOPPIE; 11-14-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Teamspeed Member
terrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond repute
Your point is well taken, but wouldn't it be correct to assume that those who can afford a Panamera turbo or an S63 also has other cars in the stable, and most likely some sort of higher end sports car?

Originally Posted by STOPPIE
I agree; but remember you've got a lot of toys.... the Panny's we've sold are to guys / girls who just want MORE sports car and less luxury and who don't own any other sports car.

Infact I've sold more to the S550/S63 crowd then anyone else. I think with a list of fantastic sports cars like you have I would want the S63 as well. But keep in mind, the S63 is RWD only whereas you can have your 4 seater, 500hp and AWD in the Panny.

I think what I've gotten for feedback is, for the most part those whom won't commit to the car aren't really sold on the 'looks' of the car.

And that I can understand.

A typical S63 is around 140+, so 155 for a panny isnt a stretch for this client. Consider also that the Panny requires LESS service. No A, B or C service, just an oil change once a year or 12k. And that's roughly $150 bucks.

End of the day if you're not attracted to the car physically (especially) at this price point, then it's not going to happen.

Old 11-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by terrence
Your point is well taken, but wouldn't it be correct to assume that those who can afford a Panamera turbo or an S63 also has other cars in the stable, and most likely some sort of higher end sports car?
Its absolutley correct. Its not about affording, rather then priorities. You, are clearly a CAR NUT! As am I; the difference being YOU can afford that which I cannot. If given the financial opportunity, I would have many cars in my garage.

But there ARE those whom don't really care 'all that much' about all the cars. They just have a one or two cars or three- but mostly one for them, the other for the wifey and 'maybe' one real 'fun' car.

You probably have friends like I'm talking about. You know the ones, where you're out at dinner or having a few drinks and you ask him " why the hell don't you go buy x, y, z car? Live a little would ya?!!"

Right? - Thats all I'm saying.

infact when I sell anyone a Porsche I always assume there's a car nut in the making!

Old 11-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
terrence- you CLEARLY have an affliction for cars! crazy bastid!!

btw have you driven the 2009 ML63? Me likey!

Old 11-15-2009, 12:41 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
G_BazZz is an unknown quantity at this point
I do like it after a second look
In pretty shape with this "Old retro modern style"