Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

AMS: Mercedes E 63 AMG vs. Porsche Panamera vs. Audi RS6

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 08:26 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post AMS: Mercedes E 63 AMG vs. Porsche Panamera vs. Audi RS6

Old 10-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
I like how you have pictures of the Panamera and the E63 sideways and then you get an RS6 that is almost understeering.

New era of hypersedans is promising..

Old 10-27-2009, 07:11 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
The E63 is growing on me, I like it now after seeing several E-classes on the road now. Might get on in a couple of years, I've heard that AMG will release a twin turbo engine for the facelift.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:55 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
The E63 is growing on me, I like it now after seeing several E-classes on the road now. Might get on in a couple of years, I've heard that AMG will release a twin turbo engine for the facelift.
Personally I love the 6.2L AMG only engine. They can keep their Turbo's. The MCT 7 speed on the new chassis E63 is very intuitive. Not as smooth as say a PDK, but lots of raw power on tap. The interior is gorgeous. I'm still warming up to the exterior.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:55 AM
Teamspeed Member
Chris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to allChris75 is a name known to all
So the Rs6 was rated the worst of the bunch, interesting. Still my favorite of the super sedans.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:03 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Personally I love the 6.2L AMG only engine. They can keep their Turbo's. The MCT 7 speed on the new chassis E63 is very intuitive. Not as smooth as say a PDK, but lots of raw power on tap. The interior is gorgeous. I'm still warming up to the exterior.
Me too its pretty underpowered compared to the other sedans, the MCT is wicked its pretty good wish they put in the C63.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Me too its pretty underpowered compared to the other sedans, the MCT is wicked its pretty good wish they put in the C63.
You think the 6.2L is UNDER powered? I think it's fantastic.

The MCT should arrive in the C63 on the facelift.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:12 AM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
You think the 6.2L is UNDER powered? I think it's fantastic.

The MCT should arrive in the C63 on the facelift.
Well being a AMG fanatic since the start, the Horsepower race is in their side of the pitch..Well, I am surprised to say that its faster than the RS6 in this test from 0 to 200kmh, that is the effect of their MCT gearbox maybe.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
Well being a AMG fanatic since the start, the Horsepower race is in their side of the pitch..Well, I am surprised to say that its faster than the RS6 in this test from 0 to 200kmh, that is the effect of their MCT gearbox maybe.
the de-tuned Gallardo engine is a fun one, but it's never been terribly fast.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:19 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
After seeing more and more new E-classes on the road, it has grown on me too. I think its quite edgy and good looking... the taillights are still a bit confusing... not too well styled.

Quick Reply: AMS: Mercedes E 63 AMG vs. Porsche Panamera vs. Audi RS6