Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Clarkson: Porsche Panamera has no purpose at all and is as ugly as an inside-out monk

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond repute
His opinions about Porsche usually piss me off but I have to agree with him on this one, I don't understand how anyone can possibly think the panamera is good looking.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
To me, the Panamera is not a car about looks - it's a car about engineering, quality, function over form. It is so well-made, so gorgeously detailed inside... When I was walking around the Turbo in Monterey, I noticed all the shutlines were so tight, all the doors and the hatch were butter-smooth. It's just such a well-done machine. I like it a lot.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
Saw it today in all three flavors. Didn't even bother to drive it.

There's never an excuse for ugly.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
I drove it on Sunday and came away indifferent, which is not a good thing. It drives very well for a car its size, but you can tell they've tried extremely hard to mask the weight. The steering is overboosted, and the suspension is always trying to keep the beast feeling light on its feet.

It looks ok in certain colors, ugly in others, but never good. Add to that, it's about $8K too expensive all across the board, and I don't see them selling many after the initial hype dies down.

One thing that I admired was when you pop the hood, all the engines guts are there for you to see, not covered up by cheap plastic covers like on almost every other modern car.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jamie
Saw it today in all three flavors. Didn't even bother to drive it.

There's never an excuse for ugly.
It's kinda like Chloe Kardashian, good blood lines and potential that you are afraid to get in bed with because it could be the best sex ever and the bj might be world class, making you think less about how you could find a hotter chick. Right?

Old 10-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
i don't care too much about the panamera...give me a gt3 rs however and i will droool....all day.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
What is the point to compare it with a sports car, it is not? I will replace a family hauler with it, my R500, which a lot of people think is an abomination in itself. But it does what it is designed to do well and gives us the room we need to get our stuff to and from the boat. The Panamera is the most fun full size sedan I have driven in a long while. I do not want to go too exotic as I am leaving to far fro the dealer ships. I really only had the choice to with an SUV to get the storage capacity I need to transport sunpads, seat pillows and fenders to and from the boat. No 7 or S series can compete with the handling of the Panamera.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Neijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 4Wheels

The Panamera, though, is worse. People have tried to be kind, saying that it’s challenging and that it’s unusual. But the simple fact of the matter is this: it’s as ugly as an inside-out monkey. It’s dreadful. Part Austin Maxi, it looks like someone with no talent at all was trying to describe what they wanted to a blind person, over the phone.
+1 for Jeremy on this... I've said it before, I just can't get over how ugly it is