Notices
Car Audio & Electronics Discuss Your Car's Electronics Here. Head Units, Amplifiers, Speakers, Wiring, Security, Radar, & More!

Go-Pro Advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 04:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of light
Go-Pro Advice

Hey all -- I notice the Hero2 is out now -- I'm interested in purchasing my first go-pro so that I can film a lot more whilst driving my cars!

Has anyone purchased the Hero2? If so, is it far superior to the Hero? Also, is it a must/well worth it to buy the LCD bacpac also?

Thanks!

Oh and another question -- I have protective film wrap all over my cars - will I still be able to stick the go-pro on the outside of my cars or will it not stick as well?

Old 01-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nice
I have been using the GoPro HD for the last couple years. Its a great little camera for the price. The only drawback I can think of is the poor performance under low light conditions. Without the LCD it is a bit awkward at first, but the more you use the camera, the better you will be able to judge where exactly you need to mount the camera, so IMO, the bacpac is not necessary but if you want to, go for it.

The GoPro 2 is definitely worth the difference. Can record at much higher frame rates (for awesome slow motion footage), colors are sharper, burst mode and increased viewing angle as well. It also has a much better user interface with the revised readout panel next to the lens.

TIP: For mounting the camera on cars it is best to make sure the surface is clean and dry. I bought box full of Alcohol swabs from the local pharmacy. Whenever I need to mount it on a car, I use the alcohol swab, wipe the surface (and because it is alcohol it dries really fast) before I mount the suction cup. So far my camera has not fallen and I have taken it up to speeds in excess of 200 KPH.

Last edited by bmw power; 01-15-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Hero2 advice. GET IT!!! LCD Bacpac? Your money, I'd use it for other things.

We used the GoPro's (HD) at Race the Base in EXCESS of 300 KPH with a few cars EXCEEDING 200 MPH with them mounted. The suction sticks.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks guys. I will try it but hoping the suction isn't affected by my protective film wrap on the car! lol.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Yes and yes...

Old 01-16-2012, 03:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nice
Old 01-16-2012, 03:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Thanks! I'm being told about this Contour camera also -- how does that compare to the go-pro?

Old 01-16-2012, 04:15 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I cant tell you about the contour because I have never come across one. The goPro on the other hand is tried and tested. Everyone from AutoCar to Top Gear use them extensively.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
I just got a Go Pro Hero 2 for Christmas. It is the first G Pro I have ever used, but I am really happy with it. I did some test recording with it the other day in my car and was really pleased with the quality of video.

Camera seems to work pretty well, I'm excited to try the burst mode for some sporting stuff.

I dont have the LCD pack, but I did buy the suction cup mount which seems to stick like a champ.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:49 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Jules944 is an unknown quantity at this point
The Hero2 is surely an improvement over the old ones. But I wouldn't buy a new one just to have the Hero2.

We filmed with one of the oldest GoPro's this rainy night race in Hockenheim in July 2011 and I still like the pictures a lot

Formula Student Electric Night Endurance 2011 Onboard - Part 1 - YouTube

Quick Reply: Go-Pro Advice