Notices
Car Audio & Electronics Discuss Your Car's Electronics Here. Head Units, Amplifiers, Speakers, Wiring, Security, Radar, & More!

It's no V1 or 9500ix but...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 11:33 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
It's no V1 or 9500ix but...

Whistler XTR-580 Laser-Radar Detector $45 Deal - Reviews and Compare Prices

I've heard these really aren't too bad and work the majority of the time. Pretty good price for anyone not willing/able to shell out the cash for a V1 or otherwise.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
This should go in...
https://teamspeed.com/forums/gadgets...deals-day.html

EDIT: never mind, just saw it in there

Old 04-14-2011, 12:13 AM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mini George
This should go in...
https://teamspeed.com/forums/gadgets...deals-day.html

EDIT: never mind, just saw it in there

Yea I figured it was worthy of a thread here for those who don't look in the gadgets forum.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
Does seem like a great deal! Sent it to my sister... she gets more tickets than anyone I know.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:54 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt
Does seem like a great deal! Sent it to my sister... she gets more tickets than anyone I know.

Cool. I'm thinking about buying one myself. MSRP is 170usd so it can't be too horrible, and if it ends up being a dud I'll only be out 50usd.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Speeding is an expensive hobby, and if you want to do it properly you should have the full suite of top notch countermeasures - Laser Interceptor/Blinder + 9500CI/V1/K40.

Otherwise you are better off just driving conservatively.

Saving $250 on a detector is just dumb, given that the cost of just one ticket is a lot more than that when you factor in insurance cost impact.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by StealthPilot
Speeding is an expensive hobby, and if you want to do it properly you should have the full suite of top notch countermeasures - Laser Interceptor/Blinder + 9500CI/V1/K40.

Otherwise you are better off just driving conservatively.

Saving $250 on a detector is just dumb, given that the cost of just one ticket is a lot more than that when you factor in insurance cost impact.
I'd like to know where to get a $300 V1.

Last edited by STLG; 04-15-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by STLG
I'd like to know where to get a $300 V1.
Call them and ask if they have any open box units available for sale. Sometimes they get returns under their 30 day no hassle return policy. These open box units have a new detector warranty.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by StealthPilot
Call them and ask if they have any open box units available for sale. Sometimes they get returns under their 30 day no hassle return policy. These open box units have a new detector warranty.
Sweet, I'll keep that in mind.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Unless it works 100%, it is not worth considering IMO.

Quick Reply: It's no V1 or 9500ix but...