Notices
Car Audio & Electronics Discuss Your Car's Electronics Here. Head Units, Amplifiers, Speakers, Wiring, Security, Radar, & More!

Aston Martin Rapide 9500ci Integration

Old 01-25-2011, 09:23 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Aston Martin Rapide 9500ci Integration

We recently had the chance to do our first Radar/Laser integration for an Aston Martin Rapide, and I must say, Aston really did a great job with this one. Take a look below to see how we handled the install.

The forward facing laser diffusers were located in the front grille, while the rear facing diffuser, which you can't see that well, was located directly beneath the rear plate in the lower grille section of the bumper.

We chose to fabricate a pod assembly for the display, as there really isn't any place else to locate it, while the control module was neatly integrated into the steering column.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:32 AM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
Whoa I'm speechless! Sleeeek!!!!

Old 01-25-2011, 07:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I like this better than mounting the display in the mirror.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:28 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
my-575 is an unknown quantity at this point
I like location of the display, but seriously you would almost have to memorize the location and use for each button. You could not possibly look around and reach around the steering wheel while drive. Great concept though !

Old 01-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by my-575
I like location of the display, but seriously you would almost have to memorize the location and use for each button. You could not possibly look around and reach around the steering wheel while drive. Great concept though !
Agree, I don't think putting the controls on the steering column is very smart.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
Very stealthy! Great work!

Old 01-31-2011, 01:06 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Todd@Ai Design is a name known to allTodd@Ai Design is a name known to allTodd@Ai Design is a name known to allTodd@Ai Design is a name known to allTodd@Ai Design is a name known to allTodd@Ai Design is a name known to allTodd@Ai Design is a name known to allTodd@Ai Design is a name known to allTodd@Ai Design is a name known to allTodd@Ai Design is a name known to allTodd@Ai Design is a name known to all
Thanks for the comments, guys.

Yes, we know...not a plu-perfect location for the controller, but the cockpit in the Rapide is extraordinarily limiting. We weighed the ergonomics of the "have to memorize it" bit against locating the switch in other locations...in the end, we felt that the current location was best. Customer is well-familiar with 9500ci, so he was pleased.

Thanks again for the supportive comments...appreciated.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:55 PM
Former Sponsor
Vincent@CEC is a splendid one to beholdVincent@CEC is a splendid one to beholdVincent@CEC is a splendid one to beholdVincent@CEC is a splendid one to beholdVincent@CEC is a splendid one to beholdVincent@CEC is a splendid one to beholdVincent@CEC is a splendid one to beholdVincent@CEC is a splendid one to beholdVincent@CEC is a splendid one to beholdVincent@CEC is a splendid one to beholdVincent@CEC is a splendid one to behold
Clean install!!! Where is the rear receiver? I've been trying to find ways of installing/integrating it with the 3rd brake light.

Old 01-31-2011, 02:34 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, another amazing job, facebook featured!

Old 01-31-2011, 03:45 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StanAi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Vincent@CEC
Clean install!!! Where is the rear receiver? I've been trying to find ways of installing/integrating it with the 3rd brake light.
The photos aren't very clear, but we actually located the rear laser diffuser in the grille section of the rear bumper, directly below the rear plate.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aston Martin Rapide 9500ci Integration